Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sky are a shower of b*****ds

sky are a shower of b*****ds

I agreed a new contract with sky in december 2014 for everything ( tv, broadband and phone )
    I got my bill today which was a lot more than what i agreed. So i phoned sky and was told that some of my offers were ending in march and the bill would be higher again !
    I told them the date and time i agreed the contract as i had it all written down and the price i was given for the next 12 months.
    I was told that there was nothing they could do, i asked for a manager, was told none about and that they would tell me the same thing anyway !I told them i would cancel my direct debit, I was warned not to as I was in contract.
    I asked them to listen to the phone call to which i was told that it may not be recorded. I demanded that some one check and ring me back
    Any one on here know my rights etc ?.

It should all be on paper. Sky normally send out conformation of the order to you. If its bern done over the phone, then it sounds like you could of been on the recieving end of an adiviser looking to boost their bonus by lying to you. Ask CAB and Trading Standards

Good luck
    Nutty

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    If you have not signed a paper contract then it's not legal and binding contract,

Imhad a problem last year where they said I could not cancel my contract so I asked for proof that I had signed a paper copy.... Nothing,

So,I ended my contract and left,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

wrong, a verbal agreement is also a contract.

if you agreed to one price thats the contract, if they change it they are breaking it not you,

No it isn't a list a lot of money on a fentkemens agreement
    nowadays they a have a unenforceable contract when you get a orice by law you
    have be given a cooling of period

Eh? Can't be on with all that legal speak. Is it Latin?

Not legal speak just unintelligible.

F

As far as I am aware all calls are recorded,if it's your first bill it maybe higher due to month in advance billing.
    If your not happy by all means raise a complaint against the price you were quoted and also against the adviser,when they enter your account they leave their company ID on the system so not difficult to trace the agent.

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    As far as I am aware all calls are recorded,if it's your first bill it maybe higher due to month in advance billing.
    If your not happy by all means raise a complaint against the price you were quoted and also against the adviser,when they enter your account they leave their company ID on the system so not difficult to trace the agent.
    Thanks,
    Its my second bill. I know exactly who I was talking to as I have it all written down, date, times agents name, exactly what I agreed etc.
    When i agreed the contract in december, i deliberately got the agent to repeat the deal several times - slowly, so that if this sort of thing happened I would be covered as I have heard of this type of tactic being used by sky before !
    I bet they come back and tell me the call wasnt recorded !