Muck Boots or Grubs?

The Better Boot

• Total voters

Sam

Hi all,

Yup its Sam on wellies - again! So Its going to be difficult to get some zipped wellies in big before Im off up north. I think I may overcome the on/off issue with neoprene upper boots (plus they are much cheaper). The two top of the range ones seem to be the Muckboot Tay and the Grubs stalker. So what do you think is better?

Thanks

Sam

Never tried the Grub boots but Muck Boots are great! I have two pairs, one for regular use and one for winter that has extra thermal linings as I get very cold feet. Both pairs have the thick tread and are really easy to clean with a hose, unlike regular treads that often need a brush to get all the muck out. I've never had problems with Muck Boots and find them really comfortable...

Muckboots seem to be very good, I know of several people who use them including Horsey types for around the yard etc, no complaints at all, good value really when you look at what Le Chameau are costing now.

Hi Sam,

I had a pair of Hunter Sovereigns, the expensive leather lined ones with full length zips. After about 18 months one of the zips packed in and all my attempts to get it repaired failed - so much for Hunters after sales service. I decided to buy a pair of Torray Muck Boots - they are brilliant!!!!! easy to put on and take off (I broke my ankle some time back and find putting on "ordinary" wellies difficult) and very, very warm and comfortable. As soon as you put them on they are warm, therefore my only advice would be to get 2 pairs one for summer use and one of the ones with "extra" warm liners for extremely cold winters.

Willie

I bought Muck Boots (Tay) and they are as comfortable as anything i have ever worn on my feet. Bearing in mind I have paid stupid mony in the past for Aigles which only lasted two years, I wonder why I did not buy these before. You will not regret buying them!

ft

99% of the time the £100's of pounds of boots stay in the cupboard and on goes the muckboots. Only time you feel the co;d is when you take them off, my vote, jim

Back