First Magpie of the year

So far I've only got two blackbirds and one buzzard!

Well at least your catching something! was it fun getting the buzzard out, I had youngster in one last year and it was a little tricky, but not half as aggressive as the owl I had at the start of the year.

I have been watching a pair at work nesting in one of our hedgerows. they nest there every year. I have said a few times that I will run one of my traps there, through the spring but never bothered. I think next month will be busy looking at how many there are about

I have loads to shoot at work, I had been trapping them but someone ran over the Larsen with the Manitou. :mad:

I have been watching a pair at work nesting in one of our hedgerows. they nest there every year. I have said a few times that I will run one of my traps there, through the spring but never bothered. I think next month will be busy looking at how many there are about

They get at it early, so they may benefit from the later nesting birds, I had one just before christmas but it was in much poorer condition than the beauty i got today, dust off that trap and get it working.

I was thinking about this only this am saw no end of magies from the train this am, I will need to start ASAP just need to get that first decoy bird

D

I don't like putting callbirds out until April, if I am sure I can get one, but sometimes it takes a long time to catch the first one with bait. My best year was 300 Magpies and 90 Crows.

put three eggs in a trap four days ago, was hopping to catch one by now ,magpies have been paired up about month , someone usually bring me one sooner or latter

There is no end point to me killing magpies!!
life's work!

Anyone willing to freeze what they catch I would be interested in the bodies?

There is no end point to me killing magpies!!
life's work!

Anyone willing to freeze what they catch I would be interested in the bodies?

If I had known you were after some I would have saved the pair I defrosted 3weeks ago and used as decoys to get other birds into range.
I'll keep at them and when I get any I'll give you a shout.

Ed

Back