Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah 'Merica - we got more guns than all y'all

Yeah 'Merica - we got more guns than all y'all

This Surprising Map Shows All 50 States Renamed For Countries With Similar Gun Ownership - Movoto

interesting map, compares American gun ownership state by state with other countries. Look out west on the map for the UK.

Cor blimey.

Odd, I'd have expected Oregon to have looooaaaads of guns for hunting, but then I suppose it's a less populated state than say California or New York.

The Map would presumably alter depending in which State Muir was residing at any given time .

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    The Map would presumably alter depending in which State Muir was residing at any given time .

Yorkie.
    i think you overestimate Muir - by American standards he and his arsenal are not abnormal

Has someone moved Alaska?

Fascinating map.

The thing to realise is that it does not compare PER CAPITA gun ownership, but TOTAL guns for that state.

So Oregon has 3.8 million people and 3.5 million guns (0.9 guns per person). We reach a similar total number of guns with 64.1 million people (0.05 guns per person).

That puts it somewhat in perspective...
    Last edited by Mungo; 05-02-2015 at 09:17.

Gotcha, useful tip thanks Mungo.

USA 2nd ammendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Thats the difference. In UK We only have arms for sporting and hunting purposes.

Looks like we're in trouble if Europe decide to have a pop at us ! Mind you, it looks like France has a few so when they surrendered we could have theirs