Harkila Blaiken Hunting Pack ?

Thread resurrection.....Anyone got views on these compared to a Fenja sack?

Any slings which work nicely with this?

Cheers

I do a lot of walking and really do not like being cluttered up with gear. so I went with the Harkila it worked really well for me and when there is no Roe in there its very small and light..
Roe Sack.jpg

Sound good. Any views on whether a 3 HGR Light or Niggeloh Titan 2 sling would work well with it? Cheers

Blaiken

That looks ideal.
Is it nice and strong around the straps etc? Thinking about when getting snagged up in dense fir trees.
Are the zip pockets accessible whilst worn? Contemplating putting a javelin bipod in pocket.
Cheers!

Used the Blaiken in the Scottish hills. Great for having water, gloves, knives and so on in it when stalking. Really lightweight. With a deer in it I think it feels fine on the shoulders. I had no problem with it.. Easy to clean also and dries really quick..
IMG_0353.jpg

My 2 cents on the Fenja: avoid it.
I have one, aside from the backpack which is great, the inner lining is poorly designed. It is made from waterproof material (PVC lined heavy duty black liner) but has the largest seam right at the bottom of the bag and is unsealed! This has resulted in blood leaking through the lining and the bag on longer carcass retrievals (2 miles+). And Harkila insist that the bag "was never sold as waterproof" so refuse to repair the lining / seal properly. A pity as aside from this - it is a great product.
Screenshot_20170327-184732.jpgScreenshot_20170327-184742.jpg

My 2 cents on the Fenja: avoid it.
I have one, aside from the backpack which is great, the inner lining is poorly designed. It is made from waterproof material (PVC lined heavy duty black liner) but has the largest seam right at the bottom of the bag and is unsealed! This has resulted in blood leaking through the lining and the bag on longer carcass retrievals (2 miles+). And Harkila insist that the bag "was never sold as waterproof" so refuse to repair the lining / seal properly. A pity as aside from this - it is a great product.

that is a poor response from Harkila.

Good news, Sportsman Gun Centre and Harkila expedited a new custom-sealed liner to me today. It certainly seems to work (wet sealed seams). I have no idea if newer versions of the same bag will/do have this sealed seam but my pics are below. A good response from customer service / the retailer in the end but a pity that products get through design and testing without this being picked up.

20170403_145612.jpg20170403_145617.jpg

Good news, Sportsman Gun Centre and Harkila expedited a new custom-sealed liner to me today. It certainly seems to work (wet sealed seams). I have no idea if newer versions of the same bag will/do have this sealed seam but my pics are below. A good response from customer service / the retailer in the end but a pity that products get through design and testing without this being picked up.
What brought about the turn around after Harkilla weren't initially interested, did SGC sort it out?

Well I have taken the Blaiken out on a few trips.

It is bloody great. I paid peanuts to upgrade a Fenja to it (sold on ebay for more than paid for the heap of *****). Blaiken is light and can wear it all day with everything in it - no need for pockets or waistbelts.

9/10 for me.

Should be alright for everything but the fleece. That could be carried externally though

Back