I'd rather be out shooting

Michael_p

Hi all,

Trying to navigate though the new world of cyber meet and greet and throwing a line out to anyone that might be able able to help... :lol:

Last year I returned back to the glorious rolling hillsides of Hampshire, after a 5 year stint in dry dusty Australia and I'm looking to meet someone/people that wouldn't mind giving me abit of a intro back into shooting..

I started shooting when I was about 12 originally with an old 410 hammer action poachers side by side, shooting pigeons and rats, rabbits, going along with a family friend on a rough shoot he was a member of. Then went along as a half gun on the same rough shoot and I absolutely loved it, got my shotgun licence owned a few labs decided the country life was for me..

then I hit 18 and booze and gave up :cry:. I have never shot to a high standard but I just love being out, walking for hours, being with the dogs sitting in hides WAITING..!! Since I have been back I've tried to make contact with the old club I was part of but most of the old boys I went with I guess, don't have the internet..

I'm looking to join a rough shoot and chip in with feeding of birds, maintainanace of pens/woodland etc, I'd like to come along for a few days and not shoot and then join for next season, ideally carrying on abit of out of season pest control with my new shooting family..

I'm based in Portsmouth/Southampton half way in between but I'm neither Pompey or saints.

I'm work mon-fri till 5 as an electrician so shooting sat would suit me best..

If you can put me in touch with any clubs I'd be more than grateful, I'm not looking for huge bags or a huge cost

thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited:
Back