Thread: Balmoral Game Bag

Balmoral Game Bag

I'm tempted to buy a Monarch Balmoral Game bag. I know there are many cheaper alternatives but fancy something that will grow old with me. Looks very similar to Brady and Chapman bags but appears to be better value. Although not cheap I see it as a long term investment. Just wondered if anyone has one, if so would appreciate the feedback.

Many thanks

Fitzy

Looks to me, just on google, like a good enough bag ruined by a mean little shoulder strap. Why they dont put a proper broad strap like the old Brady bags is beyond me. Maybe, of course, you are only meant to put one Partridge in it. After several white hares you feel the difference.
    Do Brady still make game bags anyway? if so, get one and it will last a lifetime indeed.

I see that even Brady have cra#%y little thin straps now. Oh dear. So, who, on this fine site, can actually make a proper strap - broad canvas - to go with what are, I hope, quite good bags? Or is it that we have all become skinny little runts who would be swamped by a proper strap?

That strap width seems standard. Perhaps a leather slide as Billingham provide on their bag straps would be a nice addition.

Is this the reason why Brady Scot gamebags fetch over a hundred pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    I see that even Brady have cra#%y little thin straps now. Oh dear. So, who, on this fine site, can actually make a proper strap - broad canvas - to go with what are, I hope, quite good bags? Or is it that we have all become skinny little runts who would be swamped by a proper strap?
    You draw it and I'll make it

Knew there would be somebody. Well done rodp. However, it's interesting that it needs to be drawn. Shows how things have deteriorated. Once upon a time everybody would have known what a proper strap was. Bloody progress!!!,

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Knew there would be somebody. Well done rodp. However, it's interesting that it needs to be drawn. Shows how things have deteriorated. Once upon a time everybody would have known what a proper strap was. Bloody progress!!!,
    Not really, everyone has a different idea of what they want. We try to make exactly what's wanted, then there's no problems Don't forget even a simple strap has width, length, end fittings, load rating, colour. Then there's the shoulder pad that fits on it, same again almost.

Just an update. After much research I decided on the Balmoral bag and ordered from Rob at Monarch Country products. The quality is superb and seemed good value for something built to last decades. The shoulder strap is thick strong and a good 2" wide. The waist strap also looks a useful feature. In this day and age there's definately a feel good in supporting UK business and manufacturing. Overall I'm delighted with the bag and the service received by Rob was excellent.