Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Mac is the best

Rob Mac is the best

God love you Rob.

About time these creatures that devour so much of my time and so much of my wifes patience got their own special little place in stalking heaven.

5ways
    I hope you sterilise that knife before finishing off butchering that pig.

That's no pig, you will refer to them by their proper name of Wild Boar on these pages or not at all.

Reference the knife; what sort of dumbass question is that?

cull

It is ajolly good job you shot that boar. it seems to have a stick stuck in its mouth.

I occassionally show friends some of the beasts in the Trophy Room, taken by Gerry and other stalkers , and they can't believe that we have such big boar running around the British countryside.

Even with the amount of recent press coverage, people just don't seem to think that they exist in the 'real world'.

Rob

5ways
    Sorry to burst you balloon and all that but.............................Its a pig !

Virtually 99% of the feral boar, there's nothing wild about them, running around the various parts of the UK have domestic pig DNA in their make up.

If your one of the few to have actually shot a pure bred boar then well done but its still a feral one.

Its a big bugger mind either way. Whats the wastage factor between dead weight and butchered weight?

Quote Originally Posted by 5ways
    Sorry to burst you balloon and all that but.............................Its a pig !

Virtually 99% of the feral boar, there's nothing wild about them, running around the various parts of the UK have domestic pig DNA in their make up.

If your one of the few to have actually shot a pure bred boar then well done but its still a feral one.

Its a big bugger mind either way. Whats the wastage factor between dead weight and butchered weight?
    mines a british wild one
    and it is pure bred

shame i did not take more pics of him
    i see from your extensive knowledge you hav shot a few , any pics for us to look at
    ATB
    stone
    ps nice boar blaser

Grantoliver
    Nice animal blaser. Only seen them in France must be fantastic to see them close to home.

Grantoliver
    In an attempt to help rather than hinder (as things appear to be going wrong here), there is a section on the pureness of british boar on the British Wild Boar web site.

http://www.britishwildboar.org.uk/

It seems to indicate question marks over the purity issue. I would just like to ask one question. Who gives a toss. They look good, eat good and probably provide fabulous sport. Does it really matter if they have some tamworth in them. I do have a breeding pair which look to all intents and purposes pure, but on occasion they throw a gloucester old spot or two.

I might add, that as someone who has spent a few euro's travelling to France in pursuit of boar and being unsuccessful I am very envious of both stone and blaser for bagging a couple of great looking animals.

Grant

Yes Grant I agree, what does it matter. Pure breeds seem to be a requirement of man not nature and goes against the very laws of nature. Personally I don't care what the bloodline of the pig/boar is, its just nice to see them in our countryside again.