Rob Mac is the best

JDM said
I have seen stripeys running around in January,(remember the one that ran within 2ft of your feet Wayne and got you hooked?)
Fantastic photo Wayne. Not many people have seen that of genuine wild boar.
Shame your photography skills are on par with your shooting skills

Hi John, how could I forget I have wondered a few times since where his mother was, when we were sat with our arses on the ground, backs to the wood, piglets in front of us, sow behind us :confused: :confused: :eek:

John,
There was nothing wrong with my shooting skills last night but Andy took the photo. I shot this Boar on foot at 25 yards with Andy's 8x68. The boar new we were there and was slightly angled on to us, I put the 200 grn partition through the shoulder and it exited mid way on the opposite side and he ran a good 100 yds

DSC00572.jpg

Tough little buggers ain't they. Oh he was 154lb clean and got little tusks about an inch long.

Wayne

Well done Wayne

I was out last night and didn't see or hear a thing: what time did you get him?

Gerry

Ps Malc you can stick as many knives in the floor as you like, I'll even help. :p

Hi Gerry

Got him about 9 o clock, we sat in a high seat until about 8 o clock heard quite a lot of activity in the wood but only saw badgers, went for a walk around and spotted a sow and piglets probably the same as we saw last week, 100 yards further along he was feeding. We were between him and the wood as he headed back he stopped at about 25 yards and gave me a sniff and flicked his head up like they do. Big mistake. :D

Wayne

Hi Bucksden
More like a five day shadow, You've been up our boar high seat I got to have something to keep me warm I was bloody froze after two hours last night, we keep hoping the farmers daughter will volunteer to keep us warm but no such luck :cry: soon forgot about it when I saw the boar though :D

Wayne

Very nice Boar Wayne! :eek: I must say I really enjoy this new Boar section of the website. More Boar please! :D

What can i say mate, you are a lucky man with shooting like that on your door step and i cant imagine why the farmers daughter dont want nowt to do with a handsome chap like you with your ruff and ready look :lol:

ps. she might just be scared of the boar :D :D .eddie....

Hi Apollo
We put in quite a few hours lately so it was nice to get one. Its about time you shot that Boar on your stealthcam photos I was looking at that photo the other day he's a big boar and looks like medal class ivory.
Or are you saving him for me :lol: :lol:

Ps.It must be the boar she's scared of :lol:

Wayne

we have not made contact with him since the pic was taken, i bet someone around us has had him, your welcome to come and look for him you know that, but they go very quiet now till about september october, i will warm your seat for you..

He is a looker aint he...

SUNP0046-1.jpg

Hi Apollo
I'm only joking but thanks for the offer. He is impressive it's hard to tell from the photo but he looks to have as much visible ivory as my gold. keep looking for him he might be back for the rut.

Wayne

Blaser3006 said:
That's no pig, you will refer to them by their proper name of Wild Boar on these pages or not at all.

Not wanting to appear pedantic, just wanting to ensure the facts are correct. You find that he did refer to you boar correctly

S. scrofa :The genus Sus within the Suidae family e.g Pigs or swine!

You will also find that Giant Forest Hog, Red Forest Hog, Warthog, Bush Pig are all pigs, as Wild Boar are as well. But at the end of the day they are called WILD BOAR. And I intend on shooting mine with my Tikka T3 Lite in 270 ;)

Malc, you forgot the Bush Troll, Sus paininthearsus. :lol:
They are definitely best described as pigs or swine!

Hi Andy,
I totally agree with your last post, but shouldn't the latin name for this troll be 'Sussed after only three postus'! :lol:

Back