Thread: British Shooting Show - Best Day To Visit

British Shooting Show - Best Day To Visit

Hi all, as per the title.

I went a few years ago and it would have been great but there were about three times as many people there as the show could handle. Parking/road chaos and the stalls so swamped that it was more hassle than it was worth to try and buy anything.

I was thinking of giving it another go this year and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on either:

Friday - A working day so maybe not so mobbed.

Sunday - Lots of people will already have been to get the best deals so maybe not too busy and perhaps sellers more willing to do a deal rather than take stock home with them.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim

I went last year on the Friday. Left Burnham at stupid o'clock and there early for breakfast having had no problem getting in. Def worth crack of sparrow farts start!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim xyz View Post
    Hi all, as per the title.

I went a few years ago and it would have been great but there were about three times as many people there as the show could handle. Parking/road chaos and the stalls so swamped that it was more hassle than it was worth to try and buy anything.

I was thinking of giving it another go this year and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on either:

Friday - A working day so maybe not so mobbed.

Sunday - Lots of people will already have been to get the best deals so maybe not too busy and perhaps sellers more willing to do a deal rather than take stock home with them.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim
    Mauser M03 Extreme .308 / Ruger 22 250

nahh real banged out that time of day best get there at mid day after i'v got all i need lol OK OK
    he's right and the same time i get there close parking if raining nowt as bad as standing outside, !!! they need to have two ways in last year was a cattle show

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrecruiter View Post
    I went last year on the Friday. Left Burnham at stupid o'clock and there early for breakfast having had no problem getting in. Def worth crack of sparrow farts start!

I went the 1st year at Stoneleigh and what a complete shambles, got there early on the Saturday morning, so got in ok but no signs to show where to park (I had priority parking pass for pre booking tickets) or any stewards showing you so ended up parking near some motel inside and followed the crowds in, I think I lasted 2hrs before giving up and coming home as not too bad when I first got in but by the time I had a quick scout round at various stalls stocking what I was after (unfortunately they seemed to be at opposite ends of the show) I then decided to return to a couple to try and purchase but gave up as I couldn't get close to some after queuing for sometime, also got fed up with with all the people in full camo gear thinking it was a great idea to congregate in big groups in the middle of isles to stand and chat, why you have to wear your full realtree outfits to a show I still don't know. I had to use my sat nav to find my way out as no signage for exits and I then passed the horrendous queues of cars for miles waiting to get in, It made me think how much more crowded it would have been in the show had the parking not been such a shambles.

This was a total contrast to the year before at Newark which I found quite enjoyable, I just don't know how it went from a well organised show at Newark one year to the shambles it was the year after, I know they blamed it on new show teething problems but it wasn't a new show just a new venue that was supposed to be use to large crowds.

I've been told by a couple of traders I know that Sunday seems to be the quietist day to go now its over 3 days, so i'm planning on going Sunday this year to give it another final go.

Cheers Guys,

I reckon I'll try early doors on the Sunday then and hope it's better than last time. I think that must have been the first Stonleigh show and it was chaos.

Jim

Am going on the sunday, Have made my purchase in advance and collecting there. After that am just mooching realy and enjoying the day out with friends, may pick up some cleaning consumables and thats it unless there is a real bargin to be had !

ATB

Matt

On my last experience the best day would be the Thursday or the Monday!!

Today was not a good day to go as far as I was concerned! Car written off in 40 car pile up on the M40 at 07.20hrs. I do count myself lucky as me and my passenger have relatively minor injuries and the car next to us had one, maybe two fatalities.

There but for the grace od God....
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

heard it on the radio and thought I hope all the boyz travelling to the show are safe, sorry to hear that you long_range_rob + one got caught up in it, take care

F*** glad you were ok feller sad to hear not all got away as you did ,We missed that one it was be-hide us as we left at 5 am then the one on the m1 was only two junction ahead on way home !! just got home drove to Bedford to avoid the traffic then a sign that said A1 Shut !! so off to M11 then Back on M25 to Waltham Abbey to drop me pal off then back down the M25 to Southend feck iam done in. Then to cap it all i found out the A1 was open ahh some tosser had left the sign up !!! left the show at 1:45

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Today was not a good day to go as far as I was concerned! Car written off in 40 car pile up on the M40 at 07.20hrs. I do count myself lucky as me and my passenger have relatively minor injuries and the car next to us had one, maybe two fatalities.

There but for the grace od God....