Thread: Long cold wait for a special Teal......

Long cold wait for a special Teal......

I joined a wildfowling club late this season as I have no marsh shooting on any of my ground, a friend takes me on his lease but nothing like going when you want too.....
    A club member have very kindly taken my around the club marshes (lots of bacon rolls) as part of the probationary period, so next season I will be able to get out when I want...
    Quite late in the season but a few duck hugging the salting's, my dad shot this marsh 72 years ago so this hen teal was quite special to me...

Tim.243

nice one tim now make yourself a teal whistle ,two plastic twelves empty of course ,put side by side measure and cut both the brass +brass width warm one and remove the plastic turn it around and glue the end of the other inside,oh remove spent primers first,it will last you years if you dont lose it, atb doug, ps they work on fox as well
    DONT START

Nothing like a shot at the ducks Tim, I had a great duck flight recently with countless teal and mallard coming in.
    I've actually concluded it's by far my favourite type of shooting (shotgun). . . although saying that i'm keen of snipe over the dog as well. . .

This mallard and teal fell to my gun and found themselves in the slow cooker in record time
    Once eaten the stock made cracking duck and rice soup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0078.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	52551

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    nice one tim now make yourself a teal whistle ,two plastic twelves empty of course ,put side by side measure and cut both the brass +brass width warm one and remove the plastic turn it around and glue the end of the other inside,oh remove spent primers first,it will last you years if you dont lose it, atb doug, ps they work on fox as well
    I have a shop brought Wigeon whistle and made a few spent round ones and to be honest the shop one has a better range.....
    They work far better on foxes than Teal...........

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    Nothing like a shot at the ducks Tim, I had a great duck flight recently with countless teal and mallard coming in.
    I've actually concluded it's by far my favourite type of shooting (shotgun). . . although saying that i'm keen of snipe over the dog as well. . .

This mallard and teal fell to my gun and found themselves in the slow cooker in record time
    Once eaten the stock made cracking duck and rice soup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0078.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	52551

Peter Theobald lives close to me and told me to stop chasing pigeons on winter rape, he was right so I started chasing ducks instead lol

Tim.243