Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel Challenge Wales

Steel Challenge Wales

Hi, the SD range-day/Comp thread seems to have crawled to a stop so I was wondering if there were half-a-dozen like minded people who would be interested in having a go at this.
    www.wms-firearmstraining.org It looks great, I am willing to drive up from the Isle of Wight and make an overnighter out of it, anyone game?
    Matt

Been myself and some of my friends visit twice / three times a year for extended range / small target days that Andrew will organise on request.

Very good place to practice, you can ask for any variety of targetry and distances.

Well worth the cost, even the beer is good at the nearest hostelry........

Depending on the cost and time of year i would be interested. Not to far from me at all.
    Ezzy.

OK we have got some interest. Lets keep the posts coming the more we get the more we can get the price down to a degree. I know there are a lot of Welsh guys here so come on. Admittedly it is not cheap but for the price of a single paid stalk its not bad and it looks like a super venue! If we have some southern guys interested I can pick you up in Hampshire, West Sussex or East Dorset on my way through. Lets get some bods and we can discuss time of year.
    ATB
    Matt

At the Cheshire meeting last week we talked about doing something like this so could probably find 2 or 3 but can't promise when you have more details let me know
    Sikadog

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    At the Cheshire meeting last week we talked about doing something like this so could probably find 2 or 3 but can't promise when you have more details let me know
    Sikadog
    Thanks, will do.
    Matt

Hi Matt,

I would be up for it, i will have to start homeloading quicker than i thought though. Let me know when you have any more info ie rough dates etc. Not done anything like this since my green days forgive me if i start digging shell scrapes whilst we are waiting around

Brian

Hi Matt,

I live on the Surrey/Hants border so a car share would be ideal. I would be up for the Wales trip without doubt! I would really love to see what my setup can do out to 600m or so!

Well it looks like we should be able to gather between 10-12 souls already, hopefully more. For the more local members it will probably be a day trip, for those further afield an overnighter, apparently local accomodation is cheap. Redmist, maybe you could give us some more info? Month wise how about June or July? I will let you know more info as I get it.
    Matt

Theres a couple of pubs nearby, within ten mins drive anyway of the Sweet Lamb site.

Last time I stopped, it cost about thirty quid for B&B and evening meal was circa a tenner.
    Well worth it.

Beer also good, may not suit the southern contingent....

The WMS site - is massive, you could shoot out to 2000 mtrs if you wanted.

Best contact Andrew Venebles and sort out what you want from the day, we (my friends and I) arrange a series of targets (gongs, small rabbit, clay pigeon, fox and roe, hostage, stress hostage steel target) at any range you want, and at any inclination.

You could have say ten courses of fire over the day at varied distances and have a great day.

It would be circa 100 quid each maybe less.

You would have to arrange the COF to suit the "site" entry as what we usualy shoot may not be attractive to the rest.

We do stress, timed, long distance, small target "fun" stuff

Hope this helps,

I would be happy to come along, I have a "variety" of rifles (stalking through to large calibre long range stuff), providing I am not working.
    Last edited by Ronin; 24-03-2010 at 22:04.