HD pistols.

The tramp

Out of those of you that have one, what is it ?

Restricted Revolver ?

Restricted magazine Semi-auto ?

Non restricted Revolver ?

Non restricted Semi-auto ?

Last edited:
The restricted revolver usually has all chambers sealed except two making a six shot revolver a two shot revolver.
A restricted semi auto is a different kettle of fish as the pistol isn't restricted in any way, it is the magazine that is restricted in such a way as to only be able to hold two rounds !
I thought you would have known this Pete, or is it a trick question ?

The restricted revolver usually has all chambers sealed except two making a six shot revolver a two shot revolver.
A restricted semi auto is a different kettle of fish as the pistol isn't restricted in any way, it is the magazine that is restricted in such a way as to only be able to hold two rounds !
i once got a beretta .32 semi-auto restricted with the mag welded in and 2 shot restricted just to prove to the authourities that it was totally in practical to do it that way .

regards chris

Ok smart ar5e ;)

Magazine restricted semi-auto ?

i once got a beretta .32 semi-auto restricted with the mag welded in and 2 shot restricted just to prove to the authourities that it was totally in practical to do it that way .

regards chris

Interesting. So if the mag is welded in, how did you load it ? Lock the slide back and in through the ejection port ?

So wanted to put 'in through the out door' there :)

I really don't get semi-auto's "restricted" or not for hd.
Revolvers are very unlikely to jam and if they missfire then just pull the trigger again.
Semi-auto's are a different kettle of fish.
So why choose a semi ?

Revolvers are very unlikely to jam and if they missfire then just pull the trigger again.
So why choose a semi ?

Because a sound moderator doesn't work on a revolver.....

Revolver's are very unlikely to jam and if they do then just pull the trigger again.
So why choose a semi ?

Availability.

Take a look on guntrader at .357 and 9mm pistols. Two 357's and over ten 9mm.

Weight.
S&W 586 4" 40oz
Sig P250. 27oz

Plus a s/a is more compact.

Proof. Restricting a revolver requires a re proof due to welding up the cylinder, and being sec5, courier costs for proof are high, restricting the mag on a s/a won't require proof as it isn't a pressure bearing part.

Security. Easy to separate the component parts of a s/a for security, a revolver needs tools, so unlikely to happen.

on restricting a revolver i never weld the plugs in , the heat changes the temper of the steel so there is no need to reproof and as for moderators a single shot is best to do but please don't ever think it sounds like the films they don't but a .22 is very near.

on restricting a revolver i never weld the plugs in , the heat changes the temper of the steel so there is no need to reproof and as for moderators a single shot is best to do but please don't ever think it sounds like the films they don't but a .22 is very near.

Oh I'm not expecting the classic Hollywood 'pew' from one, just don't want the 'bang' when there are cull targets to meet. And the discreetness when doing RTC work wouldn't go amiss either.

Oh I'm not expecting the classic Hollywood 'pew' from one, just don't want the 'bang' when there are cull targets to meet. And the discreetness when doing RTC work wouldn't go amiss either.

what caliber are you going for..

will the force in question take responsibility for a cylinder failure after asking for it to be welded up, I have seen some horrible conversions on revolvers

what caliber are you going for..

I put in for a 9mm, and they suggested a .357/.38 two shot revolver, for HD purposes, they are so pretty darn close as to not be an issue, but the size/weight/unable to moderate penalty of a revolver, plus the better availability of a s/a and security side appeals to me, particularly the weight issue, ounces make lbs.

I asked this question to see how the ratio pans out so I can put forward the argument that I wouldn't be the first/only person with a s/a if they grant it.
They obviously know I'm fit to be entrusted with a firearm, as they didn't even blink an eyelid when granting a .338LM for deer & AOLQ, so what's the difference between two shots of .357 mag and 9mm and what fires them ?

I put in for a 9mm, and they suggested a .357/.38 two shot revolver, for HD purposes, they are so pretty darn close as to not be an issue, but the size/weight/unable to moderate penalty of a revolver, plus the better availability of a s/a and security side appeals to me, particularly the weight issue, ounces make lbs.

I asked this question to see how the ratio pans out so I can put forward the argument that I wouldn't be the first/only person with a s/a if they grant it.
They obviously know I'm fit to be entrusted with a firearm, as they didn't even blink an eyelid when granting a .338LM for deer & AOLQ, so what's the difference between two shots of .357 mag and 9mm and what fires them ?

My FAc just says two shot,it doesnt mention any kind of mechanism....

HD would be wheel gun kiss ,
play gun 1911 38 SUPER both standard config , if your trusted with one why the need to weld it up ??? but this would mean YES they were wrong to ban both in the 90's ,
trained hunter or trained pistol shooter ? what's the diff both could go and have a speed wobble one two six or 20 round wheels or mags :eek: when the crap hits the fan who's counting or thinking are they reloading.!! stupid laws bought in by ill-informed suit's

Back