Venison prices

Hi Wayne

I am currently getting £1 per pound in the skin for Fallow and on average £25 for a roe carcass. Game dealer does'nt want munties at all so they all go in the freezer.

atb
paul

£0.80p / lb in the skin, thats with head off, full gralloch and legs done. I could get more if I travelled a bit, but I don't sell many. I know a butcher who pays a premium for roe so I get £35.00 on average, i think it goes to local restaurants as it never appears on the counter in the shop.

ft

prices

Gabriel

You had better not be getting that in the New Forest matie-as your beasts are all going in the estate larder I trust or are you selling them to Hamptworth as they are shooting jack____ I hear!:D.

We at Newhouse Game are currantly paying the following prices:

Fallow all larger species & munties @ £2.00 per kg
Roe @ £3.00 per kg
Pigeons 35p each
Rabbits £1.00 each
Hares were £4.00 each-but stopped taking them in as its late.
Squirrells are 75p each-(selling them to local resturants)

Regs Lee

up here in cumbria we have been getting £1 per lb for what seems like forever my old man said he got the same 30 years ago thats for all deer species the best price in general is for pigeons at 30 pence per pop 10 pence more than a pheasant and £1.20 for ferreted rabbits a peice

Lee - I've decided to raise your prices!! pls edit your post accordingly.

Gabriel

You had better not be getting that in the New Forest matie-as your beasts are all going in the estate larder I trust or are you selling them to Hamptworth as they are shooting jack____ I hear!:D.

We at Newhouse Game are currantly paying the following prices:

Fallow all larger species & munties @ £2.00 per kg
Roe @ £3.00 per kg
Pigeons 35p each
Rabbits £1.00 each
Hares were £4.00 each-but stopped taking them in as its late.
Squirrells are 75p each-(selling them to local resturants)

Regs Lee

Cheers for that chaps.

Another question for you do you get deductions off those prices for shoulder damage??

Cheers Wayne

Most dealers won't deduct for shoulder damage, but any saddle or haunch damage will drop the price as much as hardly
worth selling, anything with that sort of damage is better cut up for your own freezer.

Also when culling females and youngsters you tend to get less for youngsters below a certain weight.

At the moment [end of Roe doe season] dealer is paying £1.80 per kg. but only £1 kg. for those of 10kg. or less.

Over here in ireland were getting 1.50 euro a kilo for red/sika/fallow, if the animal is under 20kg you get 1 euro a kilo.

wicklow202

The chap we sell to is pretty fair given that most of our fallow are chest shot. He wont deduct for shoulder damage, but any saddle damage can more than half the price! Given he turns a bit of a blind eye to the odd damaged shoulder and we don't have to skin them we are happy to go with the occasional price reduction.

ATB

Tom

Back