Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa accuracy .243 v tikka t3

Howa accuracy .243 v tikka t3

Got out today to zero my howa with a mate who has a t3 that cost more than twice the price. Set both an inch high @100yds. Is the tikka better? Well both were spot on.
    If i had more money would i buy a tikka? Maybe but it just shows the howa is very good value for money!
    Last edited by dan71; 08-02-2015 at 18:22.

We have a Howa and it is very good for the money

This is my second 1 the first was a .223 and it was spot on. Now this is every bit as good as a tikka im well happy!

Howa's are very impressive for the money of that there is no doubt. I compared my T3 to a friend's Howa but much preferred the trigger on my Tikka T3. The trigger on a T3 is very simple to adjust and gives a very nice crisp let off, down to about 2lb. Try as we might we could not adjust the trigger on the Howa to match the T3, no doubt a decent gunsmith could rectify this though.

The trigger unit on my Tikka T3 is a match for my Sako 85, I believe it is a similar, if not identical unit.
    Last edited by paultap; 09-02-2015 at 04:44.

Mike norris tuned the trigger when i got it from him and its all good

I bought a Howa for my first centrefire on the premise I could get another in a bigger calibre when I needed it, both for the price of a Sako. I haven't regretted it yet, if I do my bit its more than capable - it can outshoot me.

I have a howa, would have another tomorrow if they made them a pound or so lighter.
    7 lbs for rifle , scope and mod would be max to tempt me now

Quote Originally Posted by joe soapy View Post
    I have a howa, would have another tomorrow if they made them a pound or so lighter.
    7 lbs for rifle , scope and mod would be max to tempt me now
    I agree for 100%; Have a look at PSE composites stock ( Ejg on here ) Will bring weight down in a major way.

I have had a few people out shooting howa and all have been very accurate , I am afraid most peoples choice is more about snobbery and sales pitch, than quality of product, my old bsa do,s it's bit without any problems never had a deer complain yet.

I was looking at a Howa for my next rifle. I won't be getting one as they don't make a true lefthand action which is a same. Otherwise it would be my first choice given my budget. Second hand T3 instead, not such a bad thing