Thread: Minox binos

Minox binos

Just came back from visiting a mate,who's recently bought a pair of Minox 8x44(I think) binos.
    Now I'm very fussy,I use swarovki ELs,but these really were super,for only 400. Also they were giving away a pair of 8x25 pocket bins worth 99. I didn't get a chance to give them a real going over,but in the low light I used them in,I was very impressed. Build quality and feel seemed very good,the image wasn't completely flat towards the edges,but for the price these really are worth considering. I could get more info on where he bought them etc if anyone's interested. Cheers
    paul

I've got a pair of slightly cheaper Minox at less than 200 and wonder what I got for the significant extra money with the Zeiss, Swarovski and Kahles that I have also owned.

Currently being almost given away with 56% off!
    http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...ox+BV+8x42+BR/
    I have a pair of these and they are amazing! I also have a pair of Swaro EL 8.5 x 42 and there is very little to choose between them.
    MS

got a pair of keppler stag 8x42 and theyre amazing.cheaper than cheap and bak8 roof prisms are as sharp as the wifes tounge

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I have a pair of these and they are amazing! I also have a pair of Swaro EL 8.5 x 42 and there is very little to choose between them.
    MS
    Yeah I got a pair and they are excellent, everyone that's looked through them have said how clear and bright they are and couldn't believe I only paid 119 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    MS
    Hi Thanks for that just ordered a pair.
    Cheers
    Jim

minox are good for the money. However I spent a little more and got Vortex binos the other day for 3 reasons:

More rugged build quality,
    No quibble lifetime guarantee
    slightly better optics

Vortex Talon HD 10x42

rifle craft import them and they are good value at 375 originally 500 it says!

at the end of the day when your buying something for life get the best you can afford rather than the cheapest that does the job

I have a pair of Minox too, love them! I have even converted a friend who now uses them also.

Does anyone one use their scopes? I would be interested to hear their thoughts.

my Minox 8 x42s arrived yesterday (thanks Monkey Spanker for the heads up) 119 very well spent, this evening I watched rabbits on the next door school field at 6.15pm when it was quite dark. SWMBO also had fun watching the rabbits and was impressed with them over my cheap one they replaced. I will be trying them on either some fallow or sika soon so their low light capabilities will be tested then and I will report back.

once again thanks MS regards SBM

Quote Originally Posted by seibassman7 View Post
    my Minox 8 x42s arrived yesterday (thanks Monkey Spanker for the heads up) 119 very well spent, this evening I watched rabbits on the next door school field at 6.15pm when it was quite dark. SWMBO also had fun watching the rabbits and was impressed with them over my cheap one they replaced. I will be trying them on either some fallow or sika soon so their low light capabilities will be tested then and I will report back.

once again thanks MS regards SBM
    Glad you're pleased!
    I'd never recommend any rubbish.
    MS