Sausage making basics........

Been there! Amongst other daft mistakes like forgetting to tie off the end, being baffled as to how I managed to get almost an entire pound of hot mince into a cannelloni tube then wondering why the front of my legs were burning, over-filling cases with black pudding mix (looked like a particularly gruesome murder had taken place in the kitchen)................there are more :oops:

You're not alone :lol:

Well I could have taken a picture of the 2 sausages I was able to make. That was as much as I could fit on the nozzle but I ate one of them. It was ok but definitely needs more seasoning.

phesant sausage anyone? Also need to not stuff it as much as the skin burst. But I can live with that. It's all new to me. Hopeing the new skins arrive tomorrow.

I don't like the collagen casings. Th only time I use them is for larger diameter stuff such as Summer Sausage. You get a far nicer end product from a natural casing I find. Better 'snap', better moisture retention, easier to use, stronger, easier to link and far more forgiving than any of the collagen casings I've used. And the natural curve of the gut gives you a far better-looking sausage into the bargain

Back