Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: z aim vs niggeloh sling

z aim vs niggeloh sling

hello. i am looking for a newsling for my two rifles. i use a bipod on both but am worried that the two slings above will cause the bipod to dig into my back? does anyone on here use either of the above with a bipod and heavy mod that can comment on the comfort? i struggle with the rifle slipping off my shoulder when walking especially if i am trying to carry sticks and hold the binos,

thanks all

i have a z aim tomm plus heavy mod no bipod,it doesnt move once on and chest strap is clipped shut and comfy,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 09-02-2015 at 21:03.
    DONT START

do you find the edges of the bipod dig into your back? thanks for the reply

Use a z aim on the hill and find it better than the Niggeloh. The z aim allows the rifle to be set a bit more on its side so reduces the bipod digging in. The z aim allows you to really get the rifle tight onto your back so that movement is minimal. I find that this reduces the impact of the bipod on your back. Once set up properly the z aim is a breeze to slip off. Just remember to tape up the loose straps once you've set it up. Nothing more annoying than putting your knee on a trailing strap while crawling into a beast. A real wtf moment.

I have just bought a z-aim and like the way it holds the gun rock steady, especially when crawling or climbing.

I do have a worry that having it on tight has put stress on the stock and affected my zero, but I need to further look into this.

If I find it has, then I`ll put a post up about it.

Used z-aim for a few years now, have one on all my rifles and find them to be pretty good, no issues or complaints from me.

M

I've had both and if you had both you would pick the z aim every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    hello. i am looking for a newsling for my two rifles. i use a bipod on both but am worried that the two slings above will cause the bipod to dig into my back? does anyone on here use either of the above with a bipod and heavy mod that can comment on the comfort? i struggle with the rifle slipping off my shoulder when walking especially if i am trying to carry sticks and hold the binos,

thanks all
    A modern rifle with a bipod and a heavy mod does not want to be carried 'muzzle-up'! Have the sling quite short and try carrying it muzzle down. Plugging the barrel with a moderator fitted is virtually impossible as they are recessed. It is also much safer especially if stalking accompanied. You can even stick some electrical tape over the end if it concerns you. Try it before you spend money on a sling which probably won't solve your problem anyway. I always carry my rifles muzzle down.
    MS

I'm fed up whacking my head with the T8 and straps flaying about with the Z Aim.