Thread: Bargain hunt

Bargain hunt

We all like a bargain - yes? Terms such as sale, clearance corner and special offer grabs out attention but sometimes they can be misleading. Have a look yes but then search around for price comparisons.
    Knifeman you are looking for a SH S&B. Last week ebay had an 8x56,30mm,18mth old with 3hrs to go at 460 + 10p&p, I do not know what it went for? Two weeks ago I bought the same scope brand new form my local gun shop for 500.
    There was a jacket advertised on this site recently for 50 SH. Sure enough they normally retail new around 90. I google searched the same item and found a shop in Cumbria clearing new stock at 50
    Yes there are bargains out there but just because it is being sold as SH, clearance, sale or similar does not necessarily mean its cheap. Happy shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by W16OEN View Post
    We all like a bargain - yes? Terms such as sale, clearance corner and special offer grabs out attention but sometimes they can be misleading. Have a look yes but then search around for price comparisons.
    Knifeman you are looking for a SH S&B. Last week ebay had an 8x56,30mm,18mth old with 3hrs to go at 460 + 10p&p, I do not know what it went for? Two weeks ago I bought the same scope brand new form my local gun shop for 500.
    There was a jacket advertised on this site recently for 50 SH. Sure enough they normally retail new around 90. I google searched the same item and found a shop in Cumbria clearing new stock at 50
    Yes there are bargains out there but just because it is being sold as SH, clearance, sale or similar does not necessarily mean its cheap. Happy shopping.
    I quite agree "CAVEAT EMPTOR on all you see!

John

People pay silly money for S/H stuff on ebay, they run away with themselves bidding.

However, you can get good value with new "old" stock on "Buy It Now's".
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Yes they do isn't it great I love these people who are to lazy to check up on new prices several have just paid for my flight to a land down under.. life is good

funny how upset people get when you offer a realistic price too

Quote Originally Posted by W16OEN View Post
    There was a jacket advertised on this site recently for 50 SH. Sure enough they normally retail new around 90. I google searched the same item and found a shop in Cumbria clearing new stock at 50.
    If were talking about the same one W16OEN there in the sale now new for 30