Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi Car Insurance

Multi Car Insurance

Does anyone know what Multi Car Insurance Policy's are like rather than single individual policy's for different cars ? With soon to be Three cars on the go at once i was thinking of trying to put them all under (if poss) one policy just to make things easier at renewal time and also hopefully save a few 's, Anybody have any experience of these and if so how does the No claim bonus malarky work out? I have currently two lots of no claim bonus running on different cars and im presuming that i will lose one of them if i go multi car? Got a feeling it wont work out any cheaper and wont be worth the hassle in the long run.

They were all the rage a year or three since, but don't see them advertised now. Probably because they were a good deal for the punter. Can't be having that!

We have two cars on the and saves us 200 a year! I still had two months remaining as my wifes was the one due, so they did it pro-rata for me on a 10 month policy to start 2 months from when my wifes had started to align the two. Renewal coming up so we'll see what year two is like.

We have 4 cars on a multi car policy with Admiral. The wife and I (Defender and Audi TT), son with a 1 series BMW and daughter with a Mini Cooper. Kids are 24 and 21. I pay 2200 a year for all 4. We are all named drivers and earning NCB on out own vehicles. With single car policies in the past I as paying more than that just for the kids cars.

However, not tried to claim yet, and that's the real test!
    So much to learn and so little time left

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    We have 4 cars on a multi car policy with Admiral. The wife and I (Defender and Audi TT), son with a 1 series BMW and daughter with a Mini Cooper. Kids are 24 and 21. I pay 2200 a year for all 4. We are all named drivers and earning NCB on out own vehicles. With single car policies in the past I as paying more than that just for the kids cars.

However, not tried to claim yet, and that's the real test!
    i have my 3 daughters cars on the Admiral multi car policy. Have claimed twice and it was remarkably seamless and straightforward for a low cost policy. No claims bonus for non claiming driver remained intact.

From my my experience, I would recommend it.

Three cars with Admiral and a very good saving on premiums and was easy to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Goingback View Post
    Three cars with Admiral and a very good saving on premiums and was easy to set up.
    I too have 3 vehicles with Admiral for 2 years and as said found them to be good so far.

Rgds WB

been useing aviva for the last two years a lot cheaper than insuring the vehicles separatly

Hi
    I have used Aviva and Admiral over the last few years for 2x cars and <25yr old named drivers (limited mileage <10k & <4k). Not needed to claim so cannot comment on ease/efficiency.
    At renewal a new policy (for the same cars, on-line) was cheaper than the renewal quote - couldnt match it when asked!
    You will need the evidence of any no-claims from existing insurance for the new company - they didnt send me it automatically and had to ask - can cause delay.
    Worth drilling around on Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert? as has useful advice.
    L
    Last edited by Loki; 11-02-2015 at 12:48. Reason: Spelling!

Hi I have 2 cars with Aviva (L200&Alfa)and the policy is saving me 185 a year, however I did try Admiral andthey refused to insure the L200 on the basis that it was classed as a work vehicle on their computer.