Where to get warning signs?

Boarboy

Which signs are best, and where to go them? Found a 16 year old boy today randomly hacking at a tree with an axe in woods I stalk. I told him they were private and he shouldn't be here, to which he just argued with me...!! So, thinking of putting up some warning signs so at least I've done as much as I can on my part.

any sign making shop will print you signs on rigid plastic backing for just a few quid and you can chose your own wording, I get signs for high seats printed for about £1 each.

try your local agri store,burgess ,kent wool growers ,anyone of those will have a big stand of" ere u gerrofa my land "kind of signs and some u can order them to your specification.ie shooting in operation keep out ,or bog off this is my firewood u numpty.

I've used Buildasign for 'keep out, shooting in progress' signs, and others. They are not the cheapest but the service is first class and the choice is limited only by your imagination : http://www.buildasign.co.uk/.

Big signs work a treat, last autumn there was some frantic calling from one end of some land after I had set up, a witless noddy trespassing with his out of control dog had had a change of heart ...

Just get ' f@@@ off' carved on to the toe of your boot, he'll see it every time he looks at his backside in the mirror!

Shame you didn't ring the police and them them he'd threatened you with the axe. He'd have job explaining that away!:evil:

"Private Property, Keep Out" is the only wording you want. Anything else will make it look as if you know you have trespassers, to whom you have a duty of care.

Just get ' f@@@ off' carved on to the toe of your boot, he'll see it every time he looks at his backside in the mirror!
Ha ha. Yes, he had all the answers, like there's thousands of trees, what does it matter. Unfortunately I know the boy involved, recently moved to the area, non country people moved to the countryside is the best way to describe, complete with racing quads e,t,c. When I was that age at least I respected not only the countryside code, shut gates, stay to paths, e.t.c. but also respect to other people. And there was always a local keeper to give you a clip round the ear if you didn't. Things are different now sadly.

ha ha. Yes, he had all the answers, like there's thousands of trees, what does it matter. Unfortunately i know the boy involved, recently moved to the area, non country people moved to the countryside is the best way to describe, complete with racing quads e,t,c. When i was that age at least i respected not only the countryside code, shut gates, stay to paths, e.t.c. But also respect to other people. And there was always a local keeper to give you a clip round the ear if you didn't. Things are different now sadly.

it was the local bobby in my day

Signs do work for most people. For those that they don't work for then turning up mob handed with chainsaws in check shirts has worked a treat for us before.

My Mrs said you will have to reverse the lettering so he can read it in a mirror.

She also owns a Sign company so just pm me and I'm sure I can get a sign made at mates rates :D

do your own its cheaper as they will get trashed !!! use paint shop to make up what you need etc then laminate them put them out and collect at the end of each outing .

Back