Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three types of members who make the world a better place.

Three types of members who make the world a better place.

I absolutely refuse to let the negativity peddlars go unchallenged, so I'm setting up a rival thread to the one about members who annoy you. This one is about members who make life better. So I'll start:

1. Members who go out of their way to help others with advice, stalking opportunities and kit. Just out of the goodness of their hearts.
    2. Members who are healthily sceptical of received "wisdom", prejudice, scaremongering and generally blaming the Other for our problems.
    3. Members who are fully conscious that it is not an anodyne thing to kill an animal, be it a deer or a fish, and that we owe it to them and ourselves to be comfortable with our reasons for doing so. They enable us to pass the red-face test with the rest of society.
    Last edited by Pine Marten; 11-02-2015 at 10:04.

nicely done pine martin especialy members that go out of there way to help others

1/ Members who can disagree with each other with courtesy and respect

2/ Members who keep in mind they're actually speaking to other people, and choose their words and Smilies to reflect this

3/ Members who unselfishly and generously share information and advice in a genuine effort to help others
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

People who understand that the correct gun making materials are steel and wood and that several barrels are even better than one.

and that you don't need to shoot or catch everything you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I absolutely refuse to let the negativity peddlars go unchallenged, so I'm setting up a rival thread to the one about members who annoy you. This one is about members who make life better. So I'll start:

1. Members who go out of their way to help others with advice, stalking opportunities and kit. Just out of the goodness of their hearts.
    2. Members who are healthily sceptical of received "wisdom", prejudice, scaremongering and generally blaming the Other for our problems.
    3. Members who are fully conscious that it is not an anodyne thing to kill an animal, be it a deer or a fish, and that we owe it to them and ourselves to be comfortable with our reasons for doing so. They enable us to pass the red-face test with the rest of society.

You've answered it for me too!

Agree: precisely why this is such a good site with such good members.

D

In addition to the above:

1. Those with an eccentric, off-the-wall or alternative sense of humour who are capable of injecting the right amount of absurdity into dull threads.
    2. Those with an enquring or experimental mind who take the time to do thorough and critical investigations of things, and take the time to post them in informative ways.
    3. Realy good photographers.

1) those that help the beginners and youngsters get into hunting
    2) those that take the time to find out something to help someone
    3) those that stand up to bs masters and fakes who let everyone else down

+1 on all (well most ) of the above posts (don't like wood stocks, sorry HeymSR20 )

I like the apt or witty or sage signatures that some members use at the bottom.
    One of my favourites is...

Quote Details: George Bernard Shaw: The reasonable man adapts... - The Quotations Page

Something to remember if someone is being "unreasonable".

ps...don't say I didnae warn ye .
    Last edited by private fraser; 11-02-2015 at 11:04.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I like the apt or witty or sage signatures that some members use at the bottom.
    One of my favourites is...

Quote Details: George Bernard Shaw: The reasonable man adapts... - The Quotations Page
    In a similar but more long-winded way, I like this one from my namesake:

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."