Thread: Hot weather clothes

Hot weather clothes

Aye up guys, I'll be off somewhere hot with work and think my usual check shirt and wool trousers/jeans may be a little much in 40 degree C!

What i'm after is branded t-shirts like the ones available in the States by Hornday, Glock, Sig etc. You know, so I can still be me in different kit.
    Problem is I can't find owt in the UK and it's crazy expensive to post from America.

Any ideas?

got a pair of boots from cabelas got them within 3 weeks and post was not that much

Cheers mate. Used cabelas. Not cheap but not bad at all really
    Thanks again

Cooler than even cotton T-shirts are the thin blends in rip-stop, like the tropical fishing shirts by Columbia Bahama, LL Bean Tropic Wear, Woolrich, Simms, Orvis, Cabelas Signature, AFTCO, and the shirts with just one normal pocket and no back vent. These come in long sleeve, too, with 30 SPF and higher UV screen. A long sleeve like that in really bright sun is cooler than a short sleeve, and protects you, too. They weigh little, dry fast, and pretty wrinkle free. Some of the firearms companies sell these types of shirts with their logos on the pockets, etc, as they are very good for summer matches in the South and West - go to the S&W, SIG, Glock, and Beretta web stores.

Cheers Southern. I get a lot of the desert gear anyway it's more for when I'm in civvies or at the gym.
    The lightweight shooting vests are a definite option mind, two birds with one stone there really. The only problem with getting them from individual stores is that I get hit by postage each time. I saw a few I liked but all from different companies.
    I've ordered 5 now and a Hornady baseball cap, I figure I buy their bullets so I may aswell brag about it
    Unfortunately Woodleigh don't do t-shirts and their caps aren't my thing otherwise I'd have one of them aswell.

Like me a walking logo me!
    Last edited by Greener Jim; 12-02-2015 at 00:35.

Check out Sierra Trading Post - Love the Deals. Live the Adventure.
    They have a lot of outdoor clothing sold off by stores to them. You may save more than enough to pay for the postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    Cheers Southern. I get a lot of the desert gear anyway it's more for when I'm in civvies or at the gym.
    The lightweight shooting vests are a definite option mind, two birds with one stone there really. The only problem with getting them from individual stores is that I get hit by postage each time. I saw a few I liked but all from different companies.
    I've ordered 5 now and a Hornady baseball cap, I figure I buy their bullets so I may aswell brag about it
    Unfortunately Woodleigh don't do t-shirts and their caps aren't my thing otherwise I'd have one of them aswell.

Like me a walking logo me!
    Hi Greener Jim I am in the US till 3/5 if you want to get them sent to my mates address over here I will parcel them up and post them in one hit, will be a lot cheaper than shops postage
    Geordie

Suggest you look here

SafariQuip - The Travel Equipment and Adventure Gear Shop

I bought a load of clothes from these for competing in New Mexico in 2013 - ten was in excess of 40 degrees and stayed pretty cool - the Craghoppers no bite clothing really works too...

+1 on the columbia gear wet don't matter just dry's in a few min's got mine from bass pro ,they also ship to the UK mines like the 511 but as southern suggests good gear for hot place's

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Cooler than even cotton T-shirts are the thin blends in rip-stop, like the tropical fishing shirts by Columbia Bahama, LL Bean Tropic Wear, Woolrich, Simms, Orvis, Cabelas Signature, AFTCO, and the shirts with just one normal pocket and no back vent. These come in long sleeve, too, with 30 SPF and higher UV screen. A long sleeve like that in really bright sun is cooler than a short sleeve, and protects you, too. They weigh little, dry fast, and pretty wrinkle free. Some of the firearms companies sell these types of shirts with their logos on the pockets, etc, as they are very good for summer matches in the South and West - go to the S&W, SIG, Glock, and Beretta web stores.