Am bilin'!!

RED-DOT

Picked up 200 acres and shot a persistent fox within an hour. Took the owner to a huge farm i have rights on ten miles away and got another and viewed an albino fox and seen two dozen roe. Returned to the first farm and ended the night there. Great night in good company.
The owner of the farm mentioned this to a guy that rents a paddock and passed on my mobile number and he texted me half a dozen times to go lamping AND stalk a Hind.. He sounds a real twit so i have stopped replying to his texts but i just got a call from the farmer at farm number two saying a guy stopped him today quoting my name offering money for the Roe shooting as (i) only shoot the vermin.... I have sent him a 11.30pm text laying out my intentions!!!
I have had dozens out hunting and this is the first time this has happened and is surely spoilt it for others wanting to try the pursuit.
Take care who you have contact with.

I have heard of it happening quite often down here, so much so that I had considered having a solicitor draw up a contract that the client or whoever would have to sign before they went stalking. Sad really.
But think about it. You may have to knock on 100 doors just to get a sniff of a lead. It will take you hours and hours. Why not just pay for a few stalks, enjoy yourself and gps where you are. Easy if you've got money to throw around.

What goes around comes around in most cases, I've found. I have 160 acres on my doorstep that I don't pay a penny for (apart from the odd favour & bottle of whisky) I lost it a couple of years ago as the farmer was offered cash for the shooting. Less than a year later I got it back (still for no charge) as the yahoos that had offered the world had failed to deliver the goods, either in cash or by shooting the numbers needed. Point is, farmers are all pretty strapped for cash so will jump on an opportunity, but at the end of the day they'll also very quickly realise when the figures don't add up. And a few tyre ruts in a wet field caused by some numbnuts who doesn't appreciate it's a two way street will very quickly **** a farmer off come ploughing time

Last edited:
Picked up 200 acres and shot a persistent fox within an hour. Took the owner to a huge farm i have rights on ten miles away and got another and viewed an albino fox and seen two dozen roe. Returned to the first farm and ended the night there. Great night in good company.
The owner of the farm mentioned this to a guy that rents a paddock and passed on my mobile number and he texted me half a dozen times to go lamping AND stalk a Hind.. He sounds a real twit so i have stopped replying to his texts but i just got a call from the farmer at farm number two saying a guy stopped him today quoting my name offering money for the Roe shooting as (i) only shoot the vermin.... I have sent him a 11.30pm text laying out my intentions!!!
I have had dozens out hunting and this is the first time this has happened and is surely spoilt it for others wanting to try the pursuit.
Does he drive a wee transit connect by any chance rd

Mates just had it done to him big time on a large estate down south that he and his friends have had foc for 15 yrs sad thing is they're all old timers real old school and it would probably come to the said s€€€€ter anyways as he is far younger ! Always thought he had a limp wristed handshake and apparently one of the most experienced stalkers in the uk sad if that's what stalkings about these days .
norma.

Last edited:

Had this happen to my mate - taken guys to a secret location only to find they've been helping themselves and taking others there :( Can't quite believe how rude and selfish some people are. I'm a teacher and I've got a weeks 1/2 term break next week. I was going to put a post up in the other section to see if anyone would mind me tagging along for hunt but it's tough when this crap goes on.
Cheers
Hayden

Hi, R.D
It must be one of the worst feelings in our sport. You think you are doing someone a good turn, then they shaft you. Happened couple of times to me. One was even related. So that is why I'm very reluctant to take anyone out now.
Jim

Hi RD
What are the initials of the person who did this? Sounds very familiar what happened to myself. PM if you prefer.
Jim

HI RD
Cant blame you for being pi**ed off at this,I dont have any permissions of my own YET and a good mate takes me with him, behaviour like you have been subjected to is the lowest of the low,

Ray

Lads RD didnt takes this chap out. He has been told evrything by the lad RD took out. Its still b@ll@ocks still the same..

Nutty

Had similer happen to me more than once .
GET WHAT YOU CAN ANYWAY YOU CAN SEEMS TO BE THE MODERN WAY
The days of respect have long gone it seems

Hard faced,thick skinned, back stabbing ba$[€¥ds. I sympathise, it's so easy to be drawn in because they're always so "matey" until they get their opportunity.

I have never clapped eyes on the guy. He got my name and details off another farmer who i took round another farm that has dozens of deer showing at night under the lamp. He has zero chance but he flagged down a tractor that was ploughing and said i recommended him!

Back