Thread: Warne rings,

Warne rings,

Just buying Claretdabblers sauer. it has 30mm rings. I need 1" for my Swari scope. Wonder in anyone has a set lying in a drawer. Buy or could trade, Jim

I wouldn't touch any vertically splitting rings with a barge pole. There is no scope to machine them or realign them if your scope doesn't optically centre. I recommend Burris Signature Rings. I have found a link, but there may be better prices out there.
    http://www.jjkshootingsupplies.co.uk...um-420521/537/
    I have bought from JJK via eBay and had no issues.
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 24-03-2010 at 14:03.

John when I bought the swarri scope I got a set of stainless tikka rings with it. You don't happen to know if they are compatable with Warne Bases, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    John when I bought the swarri scope I got a set of stainless tikka rings with it. You don't happen to know if they are compatable with Warne Bases, Jim
    Jim, I am not sure. My Warne rings went on Weaver bases. From the photo it looks like the Sako 270 has Warne rings and Weaver bases too. I don't have any experience of Tikka rings. Rgds John

This link may shed some light http://tikka.fi/pdf/specs/Optilocktechspec.pdf

The bases on the Sauer are Weaver style, made by Warne. As far as I know, they are compatible with any "Weaver" style set of rings.

I have had multiple Warne rings on multiple rifles over the years. I have never had a moments bother with them, never marked a scope, more than I can say for other brands.

Jim, I have a set of EAW bases and rings somewhere for the Sauer, these were 1", damned if I know where, but I might find them.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I have a set of warne mounts on my sauer 202 outback and would highly recommend them, I lined my rifle in back in August and only took the scope off a couple of weeks back, i didnt have to line the rifle in once during the season they are a great set of mounts.

wicklow202