Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strasser

Strasser

Thinking of buying a Strasser switch barrel rifle any body got one and can give me their opinion,
    Or what's the general thoughts anyway.
    cheers Steve.

There have been a few threads about the Strasser which you'll find using the forum search facility or the 'similar threads' box at the foot of the webpage below. Here's one: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...light=Strasser

I'm very impressed with the engineering and features but eventually went for a Merkel RX Helix for a variety of reasons - including some of the 'special offers' on here: http://www.frankonia.de/search.html?query=Merkel+Helix
    Helped of course by the to euro exchange rate.
    Last edited by Orion; 12-02-2015 at 13:16.

Hi Orion,

what procedure did you go to to import it into the country did you have a trip out and bring it back or did you get it sent to a RFD maybe interested in doing the same

Cheers
    Paul D

I think Sportsman GC have them?

Sportsman do have them,my shooting buddy went to one of their branches to have a look and was impressed,hence why I'm thinking of one.
    Frankonia in Germany is a very impressive shop,I've been there a couple of times ,but they are pretty expensive.
    going to look at the show at the weekend to see what's about.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    Thinking of buying a Strasser switch barrel rifle any body got one and can give me their opinion,
    Or what's the general thoughts anyway.
    cheers Steve.
    I don't think you will be disappointed. Our local shop here is the importer. I don't own one because it would cost to much to swap over my blaser but they are a great rifle.

1. Straight pull
    2. Detachable magazine (large capacity option)
    3. Nice detachable mount setup
    4. Nice detachable bolt face setup (like mauser M03)
    5. Set trigger
    6. Competitive price
    7. Good safety
    8. Barrel can be removed with tool which is kept within stock so you don't have to carry an allen key
    9. Nice swivel points

Couple of things I thought could be improved
    1. Wood is not as good as a merkel
    2. Mount is not on the barrel (design issue but neither is my sako quad and it always returns to same point of impact)
    3. Currently largest calibre is 9.3x62 and longest length is 300WM.

Overall it has many things on it that blaser owners would like especially the bolt head and the detachable magazine. I think its a great switchbarrel takedown rifle. Certainly up there in quality compared to the others.

This is a good idea of what I was talking about.

Nice rifle but what the @@@@ are the two guys on about ? lol

Certainly not Verschlimmbesserung. That is reserved for a Remington VTR.

If I was spending that kind of cash on a rifle I am not sure I would be chucking sellier and bellot ammunition out of it.