Strasser

There have been a few threads about the Strasser which you'll find using the forum search facility or the 'similar threads' box at the foot of the webpage below. Here's one: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....ho-uses-them-in-the-9-3x62?highlight=Strasser

I'm very impressed with the engineering and features but eventually went for a Merkel RX Helix for a variety of reasons - including some of the 'special offers' on here: http://www.frankonia.de/search.html?query=Merkel+Helix
Helped of course by the £ to euro exchange rate. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Orion,

what procedure did you go to to import it into the country did you have a trip out and bring it back or did you get it sent to a RFD maybe interested in doing the same

Cheers
Paul D

Sportsman do have them,my shooting buddy went to one of their branches to have a look and was impressed,hence why I'm thinking of one.
Frankonia in Germany is a very impressive shop,I've been there a couple of times ,but they are pretty expensive.
going to look at the show at the weekend to see what's about.
steve

Thinking of buying a Strasser switch barrel rifle any body got one and can give me their opinion,
Or what's the general thoughts anyway.
cheers Steve.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Our local shop here is the importer. I don't own one because it would cost to much to swap over my blaser but they are a great rifle.

1. Straight pull
2. Detachable magazine (large capacity option)
3. Nice detachable mount setup
4. Nice detachable bolt face setup (like mauser M03)
5. Set trigger
6. Competitive price
7. Good safety
8. Barrel can be removed with tool which is kept within stock so you don't have to carry an allen key
9. Nice swivel points

Couple of things I thought could be improved
1. Wood is not as good as a merkel
2. Mount is not on the barrel (design issue but neither is my sako quad and it always returns to same point of impact)
3. Currently largest calibre is 9.3x62 and longest length is 300WM.

Overall it has many things on it that blaser owners would like especially the bolt head and the detachable magazine. I think its a great switchbarrel takedown rifle. Certainly up there in quality compared to the others.

If I was spending that kind of cash on a rifle I am not sure I would be chucking sellier and bellot ammunition out of it.

Well that was filmed in NZ. Which is about as close as Cornwall is to Moscow so yes it must be a local dialect.

Back to the topic. Strasser is an extremely well made, well thought out takedown switchbarrel rifle. I don't think you would be disappointed. I've shot many and handled many. Strasser is up there with the best. You get what you pay for and compared to Blaser and Mauser it is very competitively priced.

Back to the topic. Strasser is an extremely well made, well thought out takedown switchbarrel rifle. I don't think you would be disappointed. I've shot many and handled many. Strasser is up there with the best. You get what you pay for and compared to Blaser and Mauser it is very competitively priced.

Great video, thanks for posting. Certainly looks well designed and well made.
CH

Back