Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venison butchery course Flimwell East sussex

Venison butchery course flimwell east sussex 11th november 2015

The Venison Butchery Course on the 11th of march is now fully booked, and Due to an overwhelming response another course has been organized for the 11th of November if you are interested book early as only five places are available, Cheers Geoff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plumpton.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	53304
    Welcome to the Plumpton College At Flimwell Sustainable Food Farming and Forestry
    Last edited by KSDC; 26-02-2015 at 11:39.

Thanks for the heads up Geoff I have asked for a spot.

ATB

Chasey

yes it seems expensive, but with only five students and five carcasses to butcher it should be very interesting and plenty of hands on instruction,

Quote Originally Posted by KSDC View Post
    yes it seems expensive, but with only five students and five carcasses to butcher it should be very interesting and plenty of hands on instruction,
    Yes, I'm sure it will be instructive.

Hi chasey, funny that we were talking about butchery courses and this came up, hope you enjoy the day, Cheers Geoff

i am a butcher to trade and find it funny it takes about 4 years to learn a to be a butcher. but someone can teach somebody in one day how to butcher a deer. it would be interesting to know how many people have done these "one day" butchery courses and when they are themselves remember what to do with the carcase.especially the price they charge.
    i find it is like doing a one day coarse in being a electrician and going to rewire a house.
    sorry but just a money earner for somebody

See your point midge but also most of us want the satisfaction of taking the product / beast from field to fork.....,I'm no butcher don't profess to be but I try my best to strip & use whatever I can .....

That's why we do it .... Supply & demand .... Folk want to learn

Paul

I went on a one day butchery course at Chart farm, we were shown how to break down the carcass then to joint the haunches, i came away having learn enough to do the job to a reasonable standard, obviously not as good as a trained butcher but the end product was delicious, As a qualified electrician i could easily show you how to rewire a house in a day and i am sure you would make a very good job of it, it is really not that difficult, Geoff

I know how to butcher and prep but I think when I say butcher I tend to mean more hack! it would be nice to be able to actually butcher the carcass properly!
    However at 200 I think I could be persuaded to carry on hacking my carcasses. I don't mind paying good money but when your doing their work for them and your not even shooting the animal first!!!!!!

Im sure the course will give some very valuable info though
    Last edited by Beserk; 23-02-2015 at 23:49.