Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next British "Churchill"?

Who is the next British "Churchill"?

Honest question from outside the UK. In the US there have been some very good discussion lately on who our next "up and coming" people are. By this I do not mean fame, but those that might have the potential to really rise to the occasion during a world crisis. I am fairly conversant on the American names, but in all honesty don't track or follow your politics enough to recognize your cream from your curds (or a word that sounds like curds).

So - who is your next Churchill, or Thatcher (not meant to offend, but at least in the US she was regarded as a true world leader)? Who has that principled position that makes them not an ordinary vote grubbing politician?

To be honest, the current crop of politicians we have here is abysmal. They're more worried about fiddling their expenses to pay for their duck houses in the pond at home, fiddling their mortgage payments, promising all sorts to get elected then doing what they like, tearing apart institutions such as the NHS, Police, Fire Service and so on to save money. They are reducing the salaries of public sector workers and trashing their pensions but getting 11% rises themselves. I should say that politicians here have their lowest standing since King John signed the Magna Carta.

I wouldn't think at present we have anyone of the likes of Churchill. Margaret Thatcher was a very divisive figure here, but even so, I don't think there's any one of her ability. I could only hope that cometh the moment, cometh the man (or woman). But I won't hold my breath.

none have got the bolx to stand up to th EU !!!!

Our next Churchill is definately not in the wings yet!,He would be up and coming and in view I would expect. I stand waiting to be corrected, on your offering of Mrs Thatcher, she was devisive (and still is), but she did stand against an aggressive invasion, in a very Churchill like fashion. Now where did I put Grandpa's tin hat?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Our next Churchill is definately not in the wings yet!,He would be up and coming and in view I would expect. I stand waiting to be corrected, on your offering of Mrs Thatcher, she was devisive (and still is), but she did stand against an aggressive invasion, in a very Churchill like fashion. Now where did I put Grandpa's tin hat?

No tin hate needed mty she was the right man for the job but not all was as good as i could have been CSA ,POLL TAX ect love her or hate her she was there when we needed a back bone . not like now bunch of C**k suckers who will sell us way down the track for a few $$$$$$

Would have to be someone with Party hopping experience?

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Maybe we could feed the UKIP fella a dose of Churchill DNA?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!