Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 260 Rem 129sst and RL17

260 Rem 129sst and RL17

Hi chaps just wondering if anyone out there is running this combination? i can find data for 130gr heads and RL17 not the 129sst. Hopefully someone here can help me out cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by caerhays sniper View Post
    Hi chaps just wondering if anyone out there is running this combination? i can find data for 130gr heads and RL17 not the 129sst. Hopefully someone here can help me out cheers.
    Good Grief! Use the 130 grain data.~Muir

PS: Then, afterwards, read a good book on reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Good Grief! Use the 130 grain data.~Muir

PS: Then, afterwards, read a good book on reloading.
    There is a very wide range and i like to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by caerhays sniper View Post
    There is a very wide range and i like to be precise.
    Precise? Really? Have you weighed those SST's to make sure they are 129 grains? A random sampling of 15 of my 140 grain 6.5 SSTs gave weights from 138.4 to 139.8 grains with the majority weighing in at 139 grains. You might want to weigh them before you start talking precision. SST's really aren't a top end precision bullet. (I shoot a lot of them)

But more to the point. If you'd spent a little time reading on reloading practice, instead of just learning how to cobble together ammunition, you would know that it is the accepted practice to use a charge weight of powder from the next higher bullet weight -especially when they are as close as the 1 grain weight difference you are speaking of. Or maybe you just missed that part in your reading? Experience would also remind you that effect of pressure generated by the difference in bullet weight of 1 grain could, and most likely will, be negated by combinations of several other variables in your loads. ~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 13-02-2015 at 03:42.

1gr difference,read what muir wrote as he invented reloading and is sd guru, ive only ever weighed a couple of bullets just out of interest, if I had some good digital scales I might batch them

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    1gr difference,read what muir wrote as he invented reloading and is sd guru, ive only ever weighed a couple of bullets just out of interest, if I had some good digital scales I might batch them
    Just a hillbilly with too many guns and internet access.
    And I didn't mean to sound so harsh but it was late, and I was tired, and tired always sounds bad when run through the American filter.

Forget the digital scales. Find an Ohaus Dial-o-Grain and watch speed and precision in action. Worth what you pay.~Muir

:d.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCATWXVIS.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	52806
    Last edited by Yorkie; 13-02-2015 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    :d.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCATWXVIS.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	52806
    Did you get that from my mom??!?!??! Dammit!~Muir

Thats looks like jed clampit