Fox decoys?

FrenchieBoy

Just a thought. Does anyone use any sort of mechanical decoys combined with a caller (Mechanical or otherwise) while out after foxes? I've see some on youtube, including some "home made" ones which seem to work with a degree of success. With this in mind have any of you made your own and if so how have you made them and how do your rate the success rate with them please?
If possible plans and instructions for making them would be helpful.
Many thanks!

Edit: Moderators - If I have put this in the wrong section please accept my apologies and feel free to move it!

I glued an empty marker pen to the back of my GC300 and have a short garden cane with a squirrel tail on some fishing line that I can slip into the pen. If there is a slight breeze it moves about enough to generate interest from foxes that come to the call. Cost less than a quid all in.

Ive heard of people using these http://www.amazon.com/Westminister-Weazel-Ball-Weasel-Rolls/dp/B000PKFJKG and wrapping the ball in fur or someting and then tying to a stake and leaving it on near the caller. Only works on short grass though.

I have used a Quiver Critter which seems to help draw them in, although I only use it through the summer/autumn.

The problem I guess with all decoys is stopping the fox for a shot before it realises that something is wrong.

I glued an empty marker pen to the back of my GC300 and have a short garden cane with a squirrel tail on some fishing line that I can slip into the pen. If there is a slight breeze it moves about enough to generate interest from foxes that come to the call. Cost less than a quid all in.

Ive heard of people using these http://www.amazon.com/Westminister-Weazel-Ball-Weasel-Rolls/dp/B000PKFJKG and wrapping the ball in fur or someting and then tying to a stake and leaving it on near the caller. Only works on short grass though.

I made one a few of years ago having seen one on varmintal's.....bought one dirt cheap on fleabay, glued a cheap door stop spring to the bottom and pushed it onto the end of a bit of threaded rod and stretched another spring to take a rabbit skin, painted it in camo (which was the most expensive bit)..... trouble is the weight of the ball and the skin overcame the fixing spring at a certain angle... but it did give me a laugh.....looked like a bonking wabbit. But, the overall weight, not knowing how long the batteries would last..... and that it's pretty noisy has turned it into another project that's never made it into the field. Perhaps one-day.

I did post a thread with pics on the Nightvisionforumuk on it in 2012 but just had a look at that and I've deleted the photos on my P'bucket account :(

.....as a development on from this I thought that mounting it to the spring of a soldering iron stand would possibly be an option. "Thought' is about as far as that idea got though. :confused:

Cheers

Fizzz
:cool:

personaly i wouldnt give anything like this the time of day, foxes are the the head strong killers that many see them as and with them being shy cautious animals i cant see many charging in to somthing like this, i can see it working on a few but not many but i can see it working well on cubs especially if you have a situation where you have a earth in think cover such as a bramble patch and you need somthing to draw them out to get a shot but thats it

Look forward to that.
Many thanks!

625bc927-37de-4881-9ed3-bdf21aa16cd8_zpshaibycqv.jpg

I have this one mojo super decoy which plugs in to my foxpro and i can work it with the remote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQWCTT9Mto

Back