Thread: LH stock (rh action tikka/howa)

LH stock (rh action tikka/howa)

Anyone got a spare left handed stock that would fit a right handed action tikka t3 or howa 1500 (short action sporter barrel).?

just learned bad news about my eyes and might have to try shooting off my left shoulder

Mike, I have the same problem, I am right hand but have a left master eye, so I shoot a shotgun & rifle left handed, but struggle with a left handed bolt.
    I brought an aftermarket ambidextrous stock. I have recently change rifles & the new one was a ambidextrous & shoots fine. My rim fires are right handers & shoot ok.
    I have seen that CZ now make left hand stocks for right handed actions.
    I was looking at the GRS laminate stocks, I think they might offer a left handed laminate stock made for the rifle & right handed action.

Thanks for that. The reason I'm after a stock for a RH action is just to send if I can shoo ok off the other shoulder.
    if it works out I'll probably end up selling my rifles and going for a LH one.

Try shooting it with the stock that you have, I can shoot most rifles with right handed stocks unless they have a high cheek piece. You could also try a left handed stock pad,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 27th june 2014 168.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	876.0 KB 
ID:	52808

Quote Originally Posted by needsy View Post
    Mike, I have the same problem, I am right hand but have a left master eye, so I shoot a shotgun & rifle left handed, but struggle with a left handed bolt.
    I brought an aftermarket ambidextrous stock. I have recently change rifles & the new one was a ambidextrous & shoots fine. My rim fires are right handers & shoot ok.
    I have seen that CZ now make left hand stocks for right handed actions.
    I was looking at the GRS laminate stocks, I think they might offer a left handed laminate stock made for the rifle & right handed action.

Good idea!
    i did just have a look at the tikka and think it might be an ambidextrous stock anyway, so I'll have a try with that. The howa I'm not so sure about the stock but I'll have a go...

I have a lh thumb hole for rh t3 can get pics next time I go to work as it's in the office drying as just paint it grey stone

Boyds gun stocks offer right bolt left eye options for most rifle configuration. Worth a look if you don't mind laminate or walnut.