Old dog. New tricks...?

I'm 62.

I don't act 62 and I definitely do not feel 62.

In fact, it is a real surprise to not yet be dead. I've travelled too much, drank too much, taken too many physical risks, been shot at twice, been in three plane crashes (one I did myself) - and I'm still here.

But today I had two firsts in my life.

I have been shooting since I was (about) 14. Started with air rifles, then .22 rimfire target shooting, progressed (?) to full bore centre fire with reloading, shooting everything from rabbits to deer and have now honed my rifle cabinet to those that actually get used. In all the years I have been shooting today I had two "firsts" -

The first 1st -

I must have fitted / changed a fair number of scopes to various rifles but i have NEVER fitted a scope and it was cock on at first attempt. No adjustment whatsoever. Smack bang down the middle. All the way. Ridiculous.

The 2nd first -

I was asked to clear some flying rats from some local barns and whilst wandering around the farmyard I noticed some mega rats raiding a feeder. I took a quiet position where I could watch the barn and the feeder and shot 4 rats and then realised - I've never shot a rat. So another "first" today - at 62!

Hoping to continue the "firsts" I've bought a lottery ticket.

Life is good.

age is not what is written on a piece of paper, its a state of mind. Mine usually says b***** off at 4.30am when the alarm goes off for work :lol:

Back