Thread: Today I learned............

Today I learned............

-It's better to shoot a hind at the top of a hill, rather than in a gulley..........

-I'm not as fit as I once was.........

Can somebody pass me the Ralgex, please?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

You need a Jamie woodsmoke
    a Jamie is a very fit strong bloke at least ten years younger than ones self who is armed with a jagerschmid drag hook and promptly dragged hinds from all manner of places even solway stalker hadn't seen deer extracted from such places in one drag without stopping .
    regards
    norma

That sounds exactly what I need, norma. Thanks! any idea where I can get one of these? Do Bushwear stock them?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

You need a good couple of mates to stalk with real pals who you can trust I'm lucky I've three Jamie's the strongest they're very thin on the ground in my experience and hard to find .keep looking
    regards
    norma

Already have a very good stalking mate. Trouble is, he's in just the same shape as me

What you need is a quad ,I have a 500cc polaris 4wd , do the gralloch then just take a quiet walk back to the car & trailer get the quad and im sorted, got a knackered back so its the best way for me

Aye, we were talking about that yesterday Ray. I've been toying with the idea for a while to be honest. There are plenty of cleared rides that offer decent access to clearfell, & most of them would mean only a short drag. We must've had a good couple of hard miles with the meat in roe sacks. We were definitely creaking by the time we got back to the truck

Think it'll be on the cards when the stags come in

Chap I new used a Honda self propelled tracked wheel barrow. Fits in the back of a 90 land rover perfectly and will go anywhere!