Thread: Simmons 1.5 - 5 x 20

Simmons 1.5 - 5 x 20

Phillippines made only please.

I already have two of these and would like another for an air rifle.

Anyone got one gathering dust?

Thanks in advance.

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I have three Simmons WTC two 50mm and one 40mm objective. The first two I bought 15 years ago, the other is more recent. They are all made in the Phillippines…I have read on the internet that Simmons switched production to China and that these were somehow inferior. I have also read that there are fakes on the market.

As you have specified Phillippines do you happen to know if either of these rumours are facts?

Mine all appear much of a muchness. But A ) if the premium is for Phillippines ones I presume the fakers would know this and print "made in the Phillippines" on them and B ) if Simmons did switch to China production they must have swapped back to the Phillippines as all of the current ones that I have seen advertised from apparently Bona fide shops have stated Philliines made.

Do you have any other knowledge or thoughts?

Alan

The later scopes are now made in China and Japan but the older models made in the Phillipines are much better.
    I have a WTE on an air rifle and it is way better than a Leupold i use on the rimfire.

Sorted now. Thank you.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).