Thread: This is my kind of camping!

Smile This is my kind of camping!

This is a great set up.. maybe one day I will try this kind of thing in Scotland..

I had seen this video before but even so it was a pleasure to watch it again!
    I guess most UK stalkers would be delighted to have permissions/leases like that with so many deer on them. And that sort of "camping" is something that again I suspect many of us would be delighted with!

Some inspiring stuff on the Kiwi Bushman site

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    and this looks like an interesting camping experience too!

Tahr Hunting, Arbor Rift, Upper Landsborough | The Kiwi Bushman

Pretty much how we do it up in Scotland. Made some frames up that drop in the corners of the quad trailer and extend it out each side for bunks and seating. Very similar wood stove which keeps us warm as toast even in -10c. Good quality sleeping bags so stay warm after the fire has gone out. It's absolutely great, just get up and walk out the door and you're stalking. Cost us nowt to go for a few days and is a great crack. We eat great with cooking done on the wood stove a a 2 burner hob. A few beers or a glass of port with the cheese and biscuits.
    Some pics in my album I think. It

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Pretty much how we do it up in Scotland. Made some frames up that drop in the corners of the quad trailer and extend it out each side for bunks and seating. Very similar wood stove which keeps us warm as toast even in -10c. Good quality sleeping bags so stay warm after the fire has gone out. It's absolutely great, just get up and walk out the door and you're stalking. Cost us nowt to go for a few days and is a great crack. We eat great with cooking done on the wood stove a a 2 burner hob. A few beers or a glass of port with the cheese and biscuits.
    Some pics in my album I think. It
    Bloody he'll mate, talk about how the other half live!

The wife and I are investing in a teepee/bell tent as a replacement for our backpacking kit, which I'll get a woodburner for, but I think the places we'll be staying will take a dim view of me picking off the wildlife. Spoilsports...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

If we had that set up I wont go home!

I could stay out for weeks in our camp if I didn't have to work. It is absolutely great to wake up in the wood, 5 mins later after a quick brew be out stalking. Some joker (my mates will know whom I refer to) once said it would put the deer off, with all the smells of cooking and humans in the wood. Ha Ha Ha we've had tracks within 5 yds of the tent while we're in it asleep and snoring after a beer or two. It turns stalking into a far better experience.

Have one of those Casey Jones-like hats so guess I've made a start.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.