Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning rifle to shop after buying?

Returning rifle to shop after buying?

I have just been a bit silly and bought a rifle on a spur of the moment. I have tried to call the gunshop to see if I can return but they are now closed.

Since it it has now been entered into my ticket, would I need to apply for a variation to return it or since my police force won't have received any letters, is there a way of cancelling the sale and requesting a refund.

i haven't had a chance to fire the rifle but I am p****d with myself for buying a rifle I don't want because it was a good deal.

Gary

If there is nothing wrong with the rifle then they have no legal duty to take it back or give you a refund

Quote Originally Posted by 4535jacks View Post
    I have just been a bit silly and bought a rifle on a spur of the moment. I have tried to call the gunshop to see if I can return but they are now closed.

Since it it has now been entered into my ticket, would I need to apply for a variation to return it or since my police force won't have received any letters, is there a way of cancelling the sale and requesting a refund.

i haven't had a chance to fire the rifle but I am p****d with myself for buying a rifle I don't want because it was a good deal.

Gary

Gunshop may take it back, but don't think realising you don't want the rifle is enough reason to get a refund.

The transaction will already have been entered in their system and on your FAC so if they do take it back you still have to inform the police that you have bought then sold the gun your local FEO can advise whether you need a variation
    best of luck
    Ray

They may purchase it but at trade as a second hand gun

A severe case of `lamebrainitus`.
    If you had the appropriate variation upon your certificate it was hardly a `spur of the moment` transaction.

HWH.

What rifle is it?

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    If you had the appropriate variation upon your certificate it was hardly a `spur of the moment` transaction.
    I'm not sure that follows?
    If you've got a vacant slot for something you can buy a rifle to fill it just as easily and unwisely as anything else that's offered for sale.

The rifle is a secondhand anshutz. I know that they have no legal obligation except a return but I will be buying a brand new rifle, mod and scope from them and so I hoping they will except the rifle as an exchange at the same price I paid for it.

I am more concerned about the licencing issue and whether I will need to get a variation or not.

you will need another variation for definate
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class