Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelander 1 Series

Freelander 1 Series

Just got the use of one until I can pick up an affordable Shogun.

There is one switch, next to the internal central lock switch, on the main console at gear stick level.

Cant make out what the piccie on it means.

Anyone got an idea?

Stan

its not the switch for the rear window is it?

Hughsurrey (not a Banker)

You might not be far off.

Could be the rear wiper blade.

Typical Land Rover, you have to lean across to the other side to reach them, as you swerve off the road!

Will try the switch today when I have the front wipers on, because it did nothing on its own.

Stan

rear wiper is right of the wheel on the dash. from possitiobn you say its either sun roof or rear window, broken by the sounds of it.

I had one when they first came out
    I can't help you tho' as I only kept it for ten months and most of that time it was back at the dealer getting mended so never really had it on the road long enough to get to know what was what

Traction control ?

DON'T PUSH IT - IT'S THE EJECTOR SEAT!!!

We had one for while a few years ago, but I can't remember which button was where so can't help I'm afraid. Could be the switch to drop the rear windscreen into the tailgate?? (a very useful feature when you've got hot or soggy dogs in the back!!)

I wil say, though, that we had a 1.8 petrol - you know the 'troublesome' one - and never had a problem with it; I'd even go so far as to say that it was one of the comfiest driver's seats I've ever been in.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

No the 1.8 was bad but my wife had the petrol v6 blew cylinder head gasket at 40000 miles quoted 2500 to fix
    When I bought it I new about the 1.8 troubles what I did not know was that the v6 was worse.

I have a TD4 (modified befor anyone says anything bad!!)

The little button next to the gear stick on mine is the hill decent button. Basically you press it on a downwards slope and the ECU takes over and it allows you to decend safely.

(the button in question is oval and yellow in colour with a red picture of a 4x4 facing down a slope)

T

[QUOTE=Tommo;87688]I have a TD4 (modified befor anyone says anything bad!!)

The little button next to the gear stick on mine is the hill decent button. Basically you press it on a downwards slope and the ECU takes over and it allows you to decend safely.

(the button in question is oval and yellow in colour with a red picture of a 4x4 facing down a slope)
    I reckon Tommos right. I had a diesel "special vehicle" two seater. The back was rubber matted and done out like a van.
    Had no problems in the three years i had it but had to get rid as the mrs moaned we couldn`t take the grandkids out any where.

basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.