Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for change maybe?

Time for change maybe?

Now that the order books for a new Defender in XS 90 format is closed i need advice on these uber reliable vehicles....
    VW Amarok
    Toyota Hi Lux
    Isuzu
    Ford Ranger
    L200
    Nissan Nivara
    Do they come in ANY of the Defender formats?
    90 CSW
    90 hard top
    90 pickup
    90 soft top
    110 CSW
    110 van
    110 utility
    110 crew cab
    110 hi capacity
    130 crew cab
    130 van
    130 tower lift
    Fire engine
    Ambulance
    Mountain rescue
    Coastguard
    Life boat launch
    Airport security
    Or do they only come as pickups?

The only thing they come is reliable, not like something I could mention.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

The top half dozen and the bottom half dozen are all fine. It's the middle ones that are dross

I think you will find the hilux comes in all those guises except the short ar5e version.

All depends on whether you'd prefer to buy Jap/South African or Indian/British?

I don't really know why they're stopping making it at present because the replacement isn't going to arrive for two or three years yet apparently. I know the reason for the change (one of them anyway) is that the current Defender won't be able to comply with legislation and I guess it's not worth fiddling with if it's going anyway. But you'd have thought they'd keep churning them out until that there mythical replacement makes an appearance.

Order book may well be closing but, once the production line has been set up in India, I would guess that you will be able to get a grey import from the likes of Finnies 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossypaw View Post
    Order book may well be closing but, once the production line has been set up in India, I would guess that you will be able to get a grey import from the likes of Finnies 4x4.
    Never mind RED DOT think you can still get a Santana, why anyone would want to build a Landrover copy though I don't know.

Thot you were retiring Boggie??

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I don't really know why they're stopping making it at present because the replacement isn't going to arrive for two or three years yet apparently. I know the reason for the change (one of them anyway) is that the current Defender won't be able to comply with legislation and I guess it's not worth fiddling with if it's going anyway. But you'd have thought they'd keep churning them out until that there mythical replacement makes an appearance.

Rumour has it that someone in Germany has pushed and pushed to get the eu to bring pressure to stop production. The rumour's come from a good source, but still rumour.
    Assuming JLR is awash with hushed up eu grants it would figure.

Anything to do with BMW developing engines for the Hilux ?