Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweed breeks - where to buy?

Tweed breeks - where to buy?

Hi all,

Anyone got any tips on where to buy good quality tweed breeks at an affordable price? They tend to be a wee bit over priced in my opinion and it's hard to know exactly which ones are worth the money. Have anyone tried Hoggs of Fife's tweed breeks, they seem to be among the cheapest ones?

I use Hoggs & they're pretty good. If I remember right, my last pair cost a shade under £40 & have done me two busy seasons so far
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Havnt tried their tweed breeks but have bought lots of clothes from them , from the shop not online, and can tell you the quality of their goods is excelent, buy with confidence
    Cheers
    Ray

Also worth looking at Bob Parratts website.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by reventlow View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone got any tips on where to buy good quality tweed breeks at an affordable price? They tend to be a wee bit over priced in my opinion and it's hard to know exactly which ones are worth the money. Have anyone tried Hoggs of Fife's tweed breeks, they seem to be among the cheapest ones?
    Hi bought a pair of Hoggs tweed breeks 7/8 seasons ago still going strong dry cleaned end of season ready for next. Can't say more than that.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    7/8 seasons ago still going
    Only criticism I have of mine is that they seem to shrink during the close season
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Also worth looking at Bob Parratts website.....
    Between Hoggs and BP I'd go for Hoggs. I had some BP ones a while back and felt they were a false economy.

Hoggs OTOH have proved to be both cheap and good!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Got a pair of hoggs from a pal & 1st impressions are good , from what I'm told they are a better "cut" / fit than the bop parrot ones
    I would go hoggs personally

Paul

Cheers guys, thank you kindly for all the tips. I too am leaning toward Hoggs at the moment. Ideally they would be plus twos. What would be the alternative to these two, ie Hoggs and Bob Parratt? Budget would be below 100 quid.

Have a look on eBay, some good quality tweeds well within your budget and new.