Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands free or 'Double' rifle slings

Hands free or 'Double' rifle slings

Hello. I have a Remington 700 in .223 with a varmint barrel and a T8 which is a ***** to carry as the barrel and mod make it unstable. I want to buy a double sling like Niggeloh or Vero Vittini (amazon) to allow hands free carrying whilst either using this or my new NV rifle. Anyone used one and can recommend them?
    I like the look of the TAC version but $200 is a bit steep for the 'elite' and £120 for the 'regular' is about the same as the other 2 above. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Google 'Z Aim Pro Stalker Rifle Slings'. Bought one at the Kelso Deer Fair last year and it does the job, holds the rifle tight and secure and 'hands free' but can be quickly released. So good I bought another one for my .223 from A1 Tackle Shop. They are priced at approx £34!

I've got the Niggeloh (£45) and it does the job fine for me. There is a little bit of movement but I'd find it restrictive otherwise. If you try and take it off like a rucksack then it can be a tad slow but if you use the clips to separate the strap then it's no slower than a traditional sling.

I've had both and for me the Z-aim pro stalker wins hands down. Rifle is a lot more stable on the back compared to the niggeloh. Great kit the Z-aim pro stalker & nice and cheap to boot!

Alba gu bràth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Best advice would be to trade in the T8 against something much smaller and lighter. Pm Mungo - his mod on his .222 hardly makes a difference to its balance. I have carried T8 and PES modded rifles. The only way I could comfortably carry was in the crook of the arm like you see old photos of troops carrying SLRs or Bren guns. Or you need to make a sling attachment on the barrel. I would start with a piece of para cord in a slip loop in a Prussic loop that slides up to the base of the mod. The other end attached to you sling. Make sure it's slack and it should nt affect accuracy when you fire. I have a combination gun and am getting a Rigby that both have sling mountings 8 inches from the muzzle. They are very comfortable to carry.

the new silenced straight pull from blaser - Topic

If you can't trade in you T8 you can prob do a deal with a steam roller that's lost it's wheel.

Replaced my T8 with a Hardy Gen IV mod. What a difference for the better! Much lighter, improved balance and shoots better.

I do think it needs an update !
    Been looking at a few others for a new gun but balance crossing fences etc is always going to be a problem without 'restraint'.
    Thanks all for replies !

The 'Z Aim Pro Stalker Rifle Sling' is great if you can stalk 'light' i.e. without a backpack or Roe sack. However, if you combine it with a backpack/roe sack the strap that goes over your chest behind your back can get trapped between your back and the backpack. That makes bringing the rifle up to aim clumsy and noisy, and you'll need both hands to free it, so you have to let go of your bino's or sticks first. I imagine that backpack slings have the same issue - the convenience of stalking hands-free is great but the inconvenience of stalking without a backpack/roe sack isn't.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    The 'Z Aim Pro Stalker Rifle Sling' is great if you can stalk 'light' i.e. without a backpack or Roe sack. However, if you combine it with a backpack/roe sack the strap that goes over your chest behind your back can get trapped between your back and the backpack. That makes bringing the rifle up to aim clumsy and noisy, and you'll need both hands to free it, so you have to let go of your bino's or sticks first. I imagine that backpack slings have the same issue - the convenience of stalking hands-free is great but the inconvenience of stalking without a backpack/roe sack isn't.
    A good solution to this problem, and an alternative to the Z-Aim sling, is the 3HGR one that I've mentioned on here before. In this case the secondary strap can go across your back and around your neck (I know that sounds bad, but it really isn't!), making it easier to use when wearing a rucksack. They're tough as anything too. I have both Z-Aim and 3HGR slings and appreciate both, but for a heavier rifle I'd go for the 3HGR.

HTH
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay