Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila Pro hunter active thigh zips waterproof?

Harkila Pro hunter active thigh zips waterproof?

i have recently bought a set of the Harkila pro hunter active trousers and last night after i had sorted the deer in the larder i gave myself a hose down as i was covered in mud and blood, now my deer hunter ram trousers used to get a little damp when i used to do this wearing them but these harkila ones are goretex so i thought i would remain totally dry, but the zip on the right thigh started pouring water down my leg not impressed! are these thigh zips meant to be water proof? they advertise these trousers as 100% water proof?

I have the Harkila Juncun which are have similar zips in the same place. They leak like a sieve. In hard rain when wearing a Tahr smock the run off is at mid zip level. The water tracks to the bottom of the zip flaps and flows thru at the base of the zip. Unfortunately I had the trousers shortened before wearing them so my warranty is invalidated. Had I not done so they would have been returned as unfit for purpose.

Regards

Ed

Perhaps it's the 240 price tag that makes you think they'll be good?
    It's like fishing tackle... made to catch fishermen not fish?

My biggest objection to that model of trouser, utterly pointless design, imagine crawling through a peat hag or ditch....... Stupid design. Always trying to over engineer things. Why didn't they stick a taped zip on it!!! I sold mine and got normal pro hunters again. Problem solved.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I like them as a walk a lot more than I crawl or hose myself down and the ventilation is nice but you are right, they aren't waterproof.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Perhaps it's the 240 price tag that makes you think they'll be good?
    It's like fishing tackle... made to catch fishermen not fish?
    +1 there Red Dot - very well said!
    Another convert to the Dark side

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    I have the Harkila Juncun which are have similar zips in the same place. They leak like a sieve. In hard rain when wearing a Tahr smock the run off is at mid zip level. The water tracks to the bottom of the zip flaps and flows thru at the base of the zip. Unfortunately I had the trousers shortened before wearing them so my warranty is invalidated. Had I not done so they would have been returned as unfit for purpose.

Regards

Ed
    shame you never sent them back to seeland/ harkila to get them shortened
    you would have then kept the warranty in tact

regards pete

they are on there way back to ArdMoor ltd then i guess on there way back to harkila from there. i will let you know what they say, but not happy after forking out a lot of hard earned money for some thing i thought would keep me dry, oh well back to the old damp deer hunter ram trousers till i get an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    zips are rarely waterproof

replace the zips or send them back

ONE 24cm ( 9-1/2 ) BLACK SPIRAL No5 YKK WATERPROOF CLOSED END AUTOLOCK ZIP | eBay
    you obviously didnt read the previous comment, they are on there way back, they are advertised as 100% waterproof, in my eyes 100% of the trouser means the zips as well!