Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with DSC1 question on fallow deer in spring

Help with DSC1 question on fallow deer in spring

I'm struggling with this DSC1 question:

180 In the spring fallow deer are usually found?
    a In groups comprising a mix of all age groups and both sexes
    b In groups containing either young or old animals but seldom both
    c In groups with the does and fawns living separately from the older bucks
    d As single animals or a doe and fawn but seldom in groups

The "Social Structure" section of the Deer Initiative guide to Fallow says that they're herding animals and that sexes are usually segregated.

I'm guessing that the answer is b simply because a, c and d no don't apply. Am I right?

Thanks

Try the dsc training course online. It asks you the questions and then tells you if you are correct or not. It's very helpful if revising for the level 1 course.

DSCtraining.org

If you have any doubts on any of the questions before your DSC course, make notes of them & ask your tutors on the course. They will give you their understanding & the answers that would pass on the test (as they do the marking). If the training organization is worth their salt, they will provide answers at any time from when you have registered for a course.(Providing you're not a pain in the butt!)

Ian

Nico. I've used the attached CD and found it very helpful. Ultimate Deer Data DSC1 Training Aid Regards JCS

Thanks all for your help.

It's probably helpful if I give you the context. I'm booked on Jelen's DSC1 course.

In readiness I've been working through Jelen's excellent online training and then annotating a hard copy of the question bank with the correct answer, and the going back through the question bank again and making sure that I've understood the correctly answer.

Unfortunately some questions (of which 180 is one) haven't yet appeared in the online training yet others have appeared many times.

I've also got a copy of the BDS training guide, which is great but also didn't have an obvious answer for question 180.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    Try the dsc training course online. It asks you the questions and then tells you if you are correct or not. It's very helpful if revising for the level 1 course.

DSCtraining.org
    +1 at only 10'/month it'll be the best money you can spend ,20 mins a night for a month = pass

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    +1 at only 10'/month it'll be the best money you can spend ,20 mins a night for a month = pass
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    +1
    Why pay 10 a month for something he's getting as part of his course with Jelen deer services. Our ILC has a self testing facility built in and was the first of its kind and still the best !!