Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Service - Brilliant!!

Zeiss Service - Brilliant!!

On Friday the ocular lens assembly became detached from the main body of the scope on my Duralyt. I posted it to Zeiss in Cambridge on Monday and today, Tuesday at 14:20 hrs Gary from Zeiss 'phoned to advise that the repair was complete, refilled with inert gas and was in the post on the way back to me for delivery tomorrow.

Service simply can't get better than this!

Thats a bit better than schmidt and bender I been waiting 8 months they are rubbish to say the least, would never buy another one i know a chap that had a duralyt and sent it back twice to be resealed/gassed it kepf fogging up , I have a swaroski on my main rifle and their customer service is great apparently.

That is reassuring to hear regarding repairs. They are next to useless at responding to emails, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    That is reassuring to hear regarding repairs. They are next to useless at responding to emails, however.
    This is the 'phone number to use - 01223 401 522, speak to Anita and she will get things sorted immediately.

Think I can go one better. Sent my hd conquest binos in as one of the barrels was fogging up. Received a brand new pair in the post today in exchange. Even more pleasing was the fact I bought tem second hand, but no quibble over guarantee.

novice

What are Leica like to get a service done on a set of binos I wonder? Thinking of getting my ba 10x50 trinovids serviced when the season ends

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    On Friday the ocular lens assembly became detached from the main body of the scope on my Duralyt. I posted it to Zeiss in Cambridge on Monday and today, Tuesday at 14:20 hrs Gary from Zeiss 'phoned to advise that the repair was complete, refilled with inert gas and was in the post on the way back to me for delivery tomorrow.

Service simply can't get better than this!
    I have also had a very pleasant experience from Zeiss customer services.

regards WB

Quote Originally Posted by wirehairmax View Post
    What are Leica like to get a service done on a set of binos I wonder? Thinking of getting my ba 10x50 trinovids serviced when the season ends
    A couple of years ago, I tripped over and damaged my 8-12x40 Duovids. Leica had then sent to Germany and back to me, looking like new, within ten days and at no cost even though damage was minor (it prevented the focus wheel from turning). They did this under their "customer goodwill program".

-JMS

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    If you need to get a quick reply just email the desk bunny in Wetzlar rather than Cambridge ; I've found the customer service to be exemplary.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    This is the 'phone number to use - 01223 401 522, speak to Anita and she will get things sorted immediately.
    Unfortunately Nita is in the sales support department so please do not ring her regarding service enquiries.