Zeiss Service - Brilliant!!

pinkfoot1

On Friday the ocular lens assembly became detached from the main body of the scope on my Duralyt. I posted it to Zeiss in Cambridge on Monday and today, Tuesday at 14:20 hrs Gary from Zeiss 'phoned to advise that the repair was complete, refilled with inert gas and was in the post on the way back to me for delivery tomorrow.

Service simply can't get better than this!

Thats a bit better than schmidt and bender I been waiting 8 months they are rubbish to say the least, would never buy another one i know a chap that had a duralyt and sent it back twice to be resealed/gassed it kepf fogging up , I have a swaroski on my main rifle and their customer service is great apparently.

Think I can go one better. Sent my hd conquest binos in as one of the barrels was fogging up. Received a brand new pair in the post today in exchange. Even more pleasing was the fact I bought tem second hand, but no quibble over guarantee.

novice

What are Leica like to get a service done on a set of binos I wonder? Thinking of getting my ba 10x50 trinovids serviced when the season ends

On Friday the ocular lens assembly became detached from the main body of the scope on my Duralyt. I posted it to Zeiss in Cambridge on Monday and today, Tuesday at 14:20 hrs Gary from Zeiss 'phoned to advise that the repair was complete, refilled with inert gas and was in the post on the way back to me for delivery tomorrow.

Service simply can't get better than this!

I have also had a very pleasant experience from Zeiss customer services.

regards WB

What are Leica like to get a service done on a set of binos I wonder? Thinking of getting my ba 10x50 trinovids serviced when the season ends

A couple of years ago, I tripped over and damaged my 8-12x40 Duovids. Leica had then sent to Germany and back to me, looking like new, within ten days and at no cost even though damage was minor (it prevented the focus wheel from turning). They did this under their "customer goodwill program".

-JMS

That is reassuring to hear regarding repairs. They are next to useless at responding to emails, however.

If you need to get a quick reply just email the desk bunny in Wetzlar rather than Cambridge ; I've found the customer service to be exemplary.

Schmit & bender is awful, they've had my 8x56 for nearly a month. They fixed the scope turrets fairly quickly, but try paying them. I don't know how many emails iv sent, the last one finally had an account number but two IBAN numbers so the the bank wouldn't proscess it until they can be sure which one goes with the account. Tried calling the number on the email, that too was useless. Grrrrrrrr :(

thats good mate i have been waiting three years for zeiss to replace my diavara i got that much of a run around its now in court after mark khan leaving a voice mail telling me the new scope was in the post then telling me he never said that i would never recomend zeiss they are crap after sales service is shocking

Back