Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scope ring help

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

scope ring help

right lads,

now into nv gear and using a weaver rail on the sako,

what I wanted to ask is this

do they make 1" extra low quick release mounts weaver style ?

I have seen lows but not sure they do/cant find extra low qr rings

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I've got some QR 1 inch low mounts I think they are leupold make and apparently really dear new yours for 15 posted if there any good to you

just checked and from the top of your pictinny rail to the where the bottom of your scope will sit is 9mm - so your scope will sit 9mm above the pic rail

I hope this makes sense
    Last edited by Markfox; 17-02-2015 at 18:21.

I have seen some Weaver bases that the Leupolds will not tighten onto. Better to buy the Leupold bases as well.

On Sunday I had a scope come off of a CZ 455 due to recoil. It was a cheap Bushnell in Bushnell rings. When I installed it I thought it was very tight on the rail and solid. After firing 50-60 rounds the scope just fell on. Hadn't noticed it moving so it was a surprize. The bolts were still very tight but because of the design there was little clamping force on the receiver rail.

SS

Weaver and Burris make QR rings, too

Burris 1" Zee Quick Detach Rings Low

$44.00 on Amazon

Weaver Grand Slam Lever Lok Top 1-Inch Extra High Mount Rings $31.00

by Weaver

I just bought a pair of the Weavers and they look good. Going to try them on a hard kicking rifle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I've got some QR 1 inch low mounts I think they are leupold make and apparently really dear new yours for 15 posted if there any good to you

just checked and from the top of your pictinny rail to the where the bottom of your scope will sit is 9mm - so your scope will sit 9mm above the pic rail

I hope this makes sense
    Mark hold onto them for me bud, I'm trying to get my nv needs sorted out first, once that is done I'll be interested

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    I have seen some Weaver bases that the Leupolds will not tighten onto. Better to buy the Leupold bases as well.

On Sunday I had a scope come off of a CZ 455 due to recoil. It was a cheap Bushnell in Bushnell rings. When I installed it I thought it was very tight on the rail and solid. After firing 50-60 rounds the scope just fell on. Hadn't noticed it moving so it was a surprize. The bolts were still very tight but because of the design there was little clamping force on the receiver rail.

SS
    For gods sake, I never thought of this, the weaver rail just cost me a kidney at the show,from Alan rhone so I would like to think its of good quality, but that does concern me
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Weaver and Burris make QR rings, too

Burris 1" Zee Quick Detach Rings Low

$44.00 on Amazon

Weaver Grand Slam Lever Lok Top 1-Inch Extra High Mount Rings $31.00

by Weaver

I just bought a pair of the Weavers and they look good. Going to try them on a hard kicking rifle.

Cheers S

Ill check out the uk based amazon, but they will have to be low or extra lows as the scope will be way to high, hoping to create a swapping system from day scope to drone pro with out the need to remove the rail on the rifle to do,so,

Bob.

They both come in 4 heights.

The original Weaver QD rings with the thumbscrew are about as low as you can get in 1-inch rings, sturdy, steel strap, light weight, stay put. But you can take them on and off with a coin in the slot. And they are cheap, common, used ones everywhere.

Blog Entries
    Bob I run Weaver Rails on half my rifles with QR rings. I use Warne rings and have never had a problem. (Warne rings are a bit of a faff to fit but once on)

Having been impressed with a Burris scope I bought recently I'm going to try some Burris rings. Like Optilock they have the plastic inserts to protect the scope which I think is great for preserving the value of these blinking expensive scopes.

Use a spot of semi permanent thread lock on the weaver rail mounting screws for good measure.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    Bob I run Weaver Rails on half my rifles with QR rings. I use Warne rings and have never had a problem. (Warne rings are a bit of a faff to fit but once on)

Having been impressed with a Burris scope I bought recently I'm going to try some Burris rings. Like Optilock they have the plastic inserts to protect the scope which I think is great for preserving the value of these blinking expensive scopes.

Use a spot of semi permanent thread lock on the weaver rail mounting screws for good measure.
    cheers ND

that's great news,

what I am trying to achieve is a swap over from NV to day scope using weaver mounts as the NV scope needs to be fitted to a weaver rail.

regards and thanks

bob.

Blog Entries
    Understood. On some of my race guns I need to swap from Telescope to Red Dot between disciplines. The Warnes are the best I have found for this. Other brands may perform!
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.