scope ring help

bobjs

right lads,

now into nv gear and using a weaver rail on the sako,

what I wanted to ask is this

do they make 1" extra low quick release mounts weaver style ?

I have seen lows but not sure they do/cant find extra low qr rings

thanks

bob.

I've got some QR 1 inch low mounts I think they are leupold make and apparently really dear new yours for £15 posted if there any good to you

just checked and from the top of your pictinny rail to the where the bottom of your scope will sit is 9mm - so your scope will sit 9mm above the pic rail

I hope this makes sense

Last edited:
I have seen some Weaver bases that the Leupolds will not tighten onto. Better to buy the Leupold bases as well.

On Sunday I had a scope come off of a CZ 455 due to recoil. It was a cheap Bushnell in Bushnell rings. When I installed it I thought it was very tight on the rail and solid. After firing 50-60 rounds the scope just fell on. Hadn't noticed it moving so it was a surprize. The bolts were still very tight but because of the design there was little clamping force on the receiver rail.

SS

I've got some QR 1 inch low mounts I think they are leupold make and apparently really dear new yours for £15 posted if there any good to you

just checked and from the top of your pictinny rail to the where the bottom of your scope will sit is 9mm - so your scope will sit 9mm above the pic rail

I hope this makes sense

Mark hold onto them for me bud, I'm trying to get my nv needs sorted out first, once that is done I'll be interested

I have seen some Weaver bases that the Leupolds will not tighten onto. Better to buy the Leupold bases as well.

On Sunday I had a scope come off of a CZ 455 due to recoil. It was a cheap Bushnell in Bushnell rings. When I installed it I thought it was very tight on the rail and solid. After firing 50-60 rounds the scope just fell on. Hadn't noticed it moving so it was a surprize. The bolts were still very tight but because of the design there was little clamping force on the receiver rail.

SS

For gods sake, I never thought of this, the weaver rail just cost me a kidney at the show,from Alan rhone so I would like to think its of good quality, but that does concern me

Weaver and Burris make QR rings, too

Burris 1" Zee Quick Detach Rings Low

$44.00 on Amazon

Weaver Grand Slam Lever Lok Top 1-Inch Extra High Mount Rings $31.00

by Weaver

I just bought a pair of the Weavers and they look good. Going to try them on a hard kicking rifle.

Cheers S

Ill check out the uk based amazon, but they will have to be low or extra lows as the scope will be way to high, hoping to create a swapping system from day scope to drone pro with out the need to remove the rail on the rifle to do,so,

Bob.

They both come in 4 heights.

The original Weaver QD rings with the thumbscrew are about as low as you can get in 1-inch rings, sturdy, steel strap, light weight, stay put. But you can take them on and off with a coin in the slot. And they are cheap, common, used ones everywhere.

Bob I run Weaver Rails on half my rifles with QR rings. I use Warne rings and have never had a problem. (Warne rings are a bit of a faff to fit but once on)

Having been impressed with a Burris scope I bought recently I'm going to try some Burris rings. Like Optilock they have the plastic inserts to protect the scope which I think is great for preserving the value of these blinking expensive scopes.

Use a spot of semi permanent thread lock on the weaver rail mounting screws for good measure.

Bob I run Weaver Rails on half my rifles with QR rings. I use Warne rings and have never had a problem. (Warne rings are a bit of a faff to fit but once on)

Having been impressed with a Burris scope I bought recently I'm going to try some Burris rings. Like Optilock they have the plastic inserts to protect the scope which I think is great for preserving the value of these blinking expensive scopes.

Use a spot of semi permanent thread lock on the weaver rail mounting screws for good measure.

cheers ND

that's great news,

what I am trying to achieve is a swap over from NV to day scope using weaver mounts as the NV scope needs to be fitted to a weaver rail.

regards and thanks

bob.

Understood. On some of my race guns I need to swap from Telescope to Red Dot between disciplines. The Warnes are the best I have found for this. Other brands may perform!

I use QR Recknagels Bob... available in 4 heights from Alan Rhone's next day for around the £100 mark..... repeatability is very good and they've been on and off the rifles many times to go intothe cabinet and swapping with the Drone.

I've seen comments on here that they're tube scratchers..... can't say I've found that on my Zeiss 'scopes.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

I use QR Recknagels Bob... available in 4 heights from Alan Rhone's next day for around the £100 mark..... repeatability is very good and they've been on and off the rifles many times to go intothe cabinet and swapping with the Drone.

I've seen comments on here that they're tube scratchers..... can't say I've found that on my Zeiss 'scopes.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

hi fizz

I will speak to Alan re the rings maybe I can swap the weaver rail that I got for the rings ?

bob.

I am getting confused here with the liberal use of the term QR. Leupold makes rings they refer to as QRW (quick Release Weaver) which is often abbreviated to QR. If we are going to talk about other manufacturers it will be better to just call the by their brand name and "Weaver style". The Picatinney has of course very different dimensions and will not interchange with the Weaver in most cases.

SS

I am getting confused here with the liberal use of the term QR. Leupold makes rings they refer to as QRW (quick Release Weaver) which is often abbreviated to QR. If we are going to talk about other manufacturers it will be better to just call the by their brand name and "Weaver style". The Picatinney has of course very different dimensions and will not interchange with the Weaver in most cases.

SS

Hope this helps. There are as many spellings of Piccatiny/Picatinny/Picattinny/Picatinney as there are mounts & rail systems.

Weaver (who designed the rounded-edge dovetail profile) actually call their own rail a 'multi-slot base'. Weaver ring mounts (and everyone else's product destined for fitting to Weaver mount blocks) WILL FIT P*******Y rails, but mounts designed for the later military spec. version won't fit Weaver multi-slot bases or their derivatives.

I fit 'scopes with small objectives so have genuine Weaver QD mounts & bases because they are ultra-low, as Southern says.

USA WEAVER brand mounts have a crossbolt which engages with the slot on their own rails AND 'P*******Y spec.' rails, but Brand X mounts designed for P******Y rails won't fit WEAVER brand rails. Some rails are also called 'Weaver rails' as a misnomer, and the 'Weaver-style' descriptor is one to be wary of. You need to check that the mounts and rails will mate with each other, particular with release-lever QR mounts.

I think I've got this right.:-|. This should in the running for the most BTOW prize.

Back