Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC Problems

FAC Problems

I applied for my FAC coterminous, back in December, finally today i receive a telephone call from my FLO saying i thought i should give you a ring as i had contacted the FL office. Which i shall add was after the 12 week period. I apllied for .22, .223 and 308. One reason was for target range shooting as im a member of a club, and the other reasons was for vermin control and deer managment. All with moderators.

I submitted a letter with my application stating that im range qualified and ex military and explained that i have no land permissions as such. But am seeking permission but not easy and also explained that i had my DSC 1 booked for April. Along with the letter i provided evidence of stalking that ive booked. In the letter i explained that most of my vermin and stalking is by invite and bought days.

Now the problem is, i think he is quite happy to give me the rifles for target shooting, but he has requested authorisation letters from the places i go stalking, personally i think this is wrong to ask a buisiness for a letter to say i have permission to stalk with their guide.

So no open ticket

When i asked why, he went on to say, it so we can work out what conditions to put on my certificate, also he didnt want to do my inspection and chat until ive done my DSC, which i also think is wrong.

I think if i had not rung the office, i think i would still be waiting for the call, and he would of been in contact after my DSC, my visit is now booked for the 22 April after my DSC.

What do you guys think, and do you think i should seek advice from BASC

you've answered your own question "and do you think i should seek advice from BASC " a resounding yes in my book.

Another little hitler who thinks that he / she makes the laws, not enforces them!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi,

From the experiences I have had I think you have little chance of getting an open ticket on first application.

Once you have a DSC L 1 then the granting of permissions for deer calibre weapons should be a formality.

I think in most cases you need to have had a ticket for at least 1yr before they will consider an open ticket, so unless you can get some permissions for land I think you have to play the game.

It is a pain but thats life at present

D

Thanks guys for the advive, looks like i will take the conditions then, for an easy ride lol

Then will try and get it opened after a year has passed.

So how would it work then, say i get an invite on a friday to go stalking on the following day, with someone on their land, they are an open ticket holder and land isnt cleared. I suppose i cant take up the offer

you could always go with your invite & just learn a little maybe?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    Thanks guys for the advive, looks like i will take the conditions then, for an easy ride lol

Then will try and get it opened after a year has passed.

So how would it work then, say i get an invite on a friday to go stalking on the following day, with someone on their land, they are an open ticket holder and land isnt cleared. I suppose i cant take up the offer
    hi yes you can go as the open ticket holder is assesing the land a deeming it safe to shoot.i have only just got my fac but the firearms officer is in contact with john and is going to asses my fac in three months time. i have just aquired some land but i still want to keep stalking with john as i have learnt so much in time i have been with him which i wouldnt have learnt on my own.

[QUOTE=mereside;88471]hi yes you can go as the open ticket holder is assesing the land a deeming it safe to shoot.

Asked my flo same question (east sussex) and was told i would be breaking the conditions of my fac in the above situation

Atb steve

hi steve ,
    when i asked i was told it was ok.my condition was to be with an expierenced stalker. then after 3 months he would have a word to see how im getting on ,it just seems every force is different and best to ring and make sure everything is ok before doing anything wrong i have been paranoid about doing anything wrong.

HI

Exactly why a countrywide standard needs to be adhered to rather than regional heads of department interpreting th HO guidelines to try and make a name for themselves

ATB Steve