Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milner 4x4

Milner 4x4

Some time back I was recommended Milner 4x4 as a supplier of parts at good prices. I must admit I firmly believe in that you get what you pay for and in that respect when you compare Milner prices to manufactures prices this just may hold true. Props shaft centre bearing. Milner price 20 +VAT. Toyota price 178 + VAT. First one I got failed after 9 months, replaced under guarantee. This one lasted 3 months. I did not bother with guarantee. Bottom ball joints 10. Put on 6 months ago. Vehicle MOT'd yesterday with an advisory of excessive play in bottom ball joints. Rear spring. The U bolts supplied stretched like they were made of plastic. I have now started to use Blue Print which I believe are all guaranteed for 3 years.

Anybody else use Milner? Any experience of Blue Print parts?

Have used Milners for years,agreed some parts may not be up to the same standard as manufacturers parts but
    At Milners prices I can replace many parts four or five times for less than the cost of replacing once with a manufacturers part.

For example I have just replaced a steering idler, this was replaced three years ago also with a Milners part but I don't think that's bad at 32 Milner price manufacturers price over 300

All my parts are now Blue Print. I drive a Terrano & the Milner anti-roll bar drop links are utter sh*te. The balljoints on them are ok, but the rubbers fail after about 10 minutes. Hugely irritating, but at a tenner a pair I can live with the hit & try a different supplier, or replace the crap rubber with polyurethane

Trouble is these days all non-OEM replacement parts can be a bit of a gamble
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

If they last for three years, at that price they can make them of anything they like.

Cutting costs on safety parts not only can invalidate your insurance but can cost lives. I use the best tyres, brakes and suspension components.... no comprimise with safety.

This thread can't be true !!! jap motors needing parts ........... well I never

I've bought quite a few bits from Milners over the years, can't complain. Some of their stuff is OME but at sensible prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Have used Milners for years,agreed some parts may not be up to the same standard as manufacturers parts but
    At Milners prices I can replace many parts four or five times for less than the cost of replacing once with a manufacturers part.

For example I have just replaced a steering idler, this was replaced three years ago also with a Milners part but I don't think that's bad at 32 Milner price manufacturers price over 300
    the part that fails is usually a plastic bush. A brass replacement can be easily made and fitted with a greaser

Quote Originally Posted by joe soapy View Post
    the part that fails is usually a plastic bush. A brass replacement can be easily made and fitted with a greaser
    Never really thought of that but it makes sense, knew you could replace the bushes, but it hardly seems worth it at the price I can buy an idler for, would certainly make sense if I was having to pay manufacturers prices.

Think the real advantage of using Milners is for us that run imports, where the parts are not readily available or at an exorbitant price if they are,especially if you do the work yourself, probably not such a great saving if you are getting someone else to do the work, I know if I put it to my local garage they would fit a Milners part, they just wouldn't charge a Milners price for it, they have a delivery from Milners almost on a daily basis, wonder how many people that would not buy cheap Milner parts, are driving around in blissful ignorance.