Milner 4x4

Gazza

Some time back I was recommended Milner 4x4 as a supplier of parts at good prices. I must admit I firmly believe in that you get what you pay for and in that respect when you compare Milner prices to manufactures prices this just may hold true. Props shaft centre bearing. Milner price £20 +VAT. Toyota price £178 + VAT. First one I got failed after 9 months, replaced under guarantee. This one lasted 3 months. I did not bother with guarantee. Bottom ball joints £10. Put on 6 months ago. Vehicle MOT'd yesterday with an advisory of excessive play in bottom ball joints. Rear spring. The U bolts supplied stretched like they were made of plastic. I have now started to use Blue Print which I believe are all guaranteed for 3 years.

Anybody else use Milner? Any experience of Blue Print parts?

Have used Milners for years,agreed some parts may not be up to the same standard as manufacturers parts but
At Milners prices I can replace many parts four or five times for less than the cost of replacing once with a manufacturers part.

For example I have just replaced a steering idler, this was replaced three years ago also with a Milners part but I don't think that's bad at £32 Milner price manufacturers price over £300

All my parts are now Blue Print. I drive a Terrano & the Milner anti-roll bar drop links are utter sh*te. The balljoints on them are ok, but the rubbers fail after about 10 minutes. Hugely irritating, but at a tenner a pair I can live with the hit & try a different supplier, or replace the crap rubber with polyurethane

Trouble is these days all non-OEM replacement parts can be a bit of a gamble :confused:

Cutting costs on safety parts not only can invalidate your insurance but can cost lives. I use the best tyres, brakes and suspension components.... no comprimise with safety.

I've bought quite a few bits from Milners over the years, can't complain. Some of their stuff is OME but at sensible prices.

Have used Milners for years,agreed some parts may not be up to the same standard as manufacturers parts but
At Milners prices I can replace many parts four or five times for less than the cost of replacing once with a manufacturers part.

For example I have just replaced a steering idler, this was replaced three years ago also with a Milners part but I don't think that's bad at £32 Milner price manufacturers price over £300

the part that fails is usually a plastic bush. A brass replacement can be easily made and fitted with a greaser

the part that fails is usually a plastic bush. A brass replacement can be easily made and fitted with a greaser

Never really thought of that but it makes sense, knew you could replace the bushes, but it hardly seems worth it at the price I can buy an idler for, would certainly make sense if I was having to pay manufacturers prices.

Think the real advantage of using Milners is for us that run imports, where the parts are not readily available or at an exorbitant price if they are,especially if you do the work yourself, probably not such a great saving if you are getting someone else to do the work, I know if I put it to my local garage they would fit a Milners part, they just wouldn't charge a Milners price for it, they have a delivery from Milners almost on a daily basis, wonder how many people that would not buy cheap Milner parts, are driving around in blissful ignorance.

Milners are just round the corner from me and I use them all of the time, but I don't buy all of their parts. Some are not that good. Some are fine and some are actually OE spec. But you have to pick and choose. I speak to them regulalry about the performance of their parts and they do listen. We have had all sorts of improvements over the years. But there are many people who just want a cheap part for a fix n flog situation.

replaced the gators inner and outter. year later need doing again. get what you pay for i guess. same with some rear discs i had from them

All my parts are now Blue Print. I drive a Terrano & the Milner anti-roll bar drop links are utter sh*te. The balljoints on them are ok, but the rubbers fail after about 10 minutes. Hugely irritating, but at a tenner a pair I can live with the hit & try a different supplier, or replace the crap rubber with polyurethane

Trouble is these days all non-OEM replacement parts can be a bit of a gamble :confused:
Your right about the drop links -utter crap, I think you only get what you pay for from milners ,I bought the poly anti roll bar kit which included the drop links for my ranger to take the bounce from it and what a job fitting they were , the drop link bolt was to small and needed a 10 ton press to squash them together to get the nut on then the D rubber was far to small and when tightened the clamp squashed it out the way instead of compressing it around the bar. Never again

Back